By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC Poll: How many units will the Wii have sold by January 1, 2010?

How many units will the Wii have sold by January 1, 2010?

70 million or fewer. 566 33.47%

71-73 million. 241 14.25%

74-76 million. 325 19.22%

77-78 million. 152 8.99%

79-80 million. 92 5.44%

81 million or more. 315 18.63%

Total:1,691

Well here we are again.  It's that prediction time of the season.  We're just coming off a great year for videogames and console sales and yet we're heading into what many believe will be darker economic times.  Will the consoles prove to be rcession-proof yet again? 

We'll start of the series with Nintendo's motion-controlled juggernaut, the Wii.

So how well do you think it will sell?  And for those of you who have the courage to put your prediction down in writing....don't hesisitate to post here.  If you think the wii is going to hit market saturation and taper off below the lowest limit, make sure you share with all of us just how low you think it will go.  And if you are a disciple of the (in)famous John Lucas and you think the numbers are too low.....don't be afraid to out John Lucas John Lucas. 

And this is as good a time as any....let's recap our last Wii sales poll from the second week of July, 2009.

Only 12.55 percent of VGC users predicted the Wii to hit 46 million. 

The option with the greatest number of votes was 40-41 million, with 26.41 percent.

More people expected the Wii to sell between 36-37 million than those who voted for the correct choice, by three percent.

So with those figures in mind....how good are you at guessing?  Do you have your finger on the pulse of the industry?  And for what it's worth...let's hope we can have people voting with their brains and not their bias.

Happy Voting!

Around the Network

70 million or fewer

I'm sticking with my prediction in my sig...

Former something....

Since it's in my sig (for better or worse) I say 75 million.

81 million or more.

We went from like sixteen million, to twenty seven million, I believe it can do higher than 35 million next year.

Around the Network

i am gonna be modest and vote for 74 - 76 million

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

In my sig!

I think its actually a li'l too high just based on economic factors in the USA.
Who knows though!
I hope all three do well.
It'll be good for all of us.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Whatever amount they make, will be the answer. Demand won't fall this year, so I'm saying 81+.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

For once, I am not (currently) in the least popular option in the poll.

I voted 77-78 million.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53604

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957