By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2009: Which console has the best exclusives?

Geez... a link to the Wii's 2009 exclusives thread would of sufficed. Then I wouldn't of had to scroll through a dozen pictures... twice. I've seen the "Wii Exclusives in 09" thread, and those interested could surely find the thread atop the nintendo forum.

I highly, highly doubt God of War 3 will be out this year.

For me, the lineups go PS3>Wii>X360.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

I think the wii's exclusive lineup is mediocre at best though I am looking forward to a couple of wii games in 2009 - punchout and wii sports resorts in particular.

I just wanted to say though, whilst the wii may have the longest list of exclusives, it misses out on the majority of triple A projects by 3rd parties that both the 360 and ps3 recieve, and without those efforts, the wii's lineup looks even slimmer.

The wii misses out on some key games such as Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Tekken 6 and Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams - all of them gracing the 360 and ps3.

Then you've got a whole array of 3rd party games that whilst may not have the same hype and expectation of the aforementioned games they'll probably end up being pretty decent nonetheless. Both the 360 and ps3 will be getting FEAR 2, GodFather 2, Fight Night Round 4, L.A. Noire, Just Cause 2, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Red Fraction Guerrilla, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Prototype, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Bionic Commando, Dark Void and Brutal Legend. Now, some of these games may end up being mediorce but some if not most of them will end up being great additions to the 360 and ps3's library. (Not sure if any are planned for the wii, correct me if I'm wrong!).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that although the wii may have the longest lineup of exclusives (which I personally don't think matches either the 360 or ps3's list) they do not get the same quality or breadth of 3rd support that the 360 and ps3 recieve and it makes their lineup considerably worse. Yes, there are quality 3rd party efforts like Mad World and The Conduit and maybe more but they hardly put a dent in either the 360 or ps3's lineup (my opinion anyway!).

P.S. I'm not purposely bashing the wii - the technical capabilities of the console precludes many of the games that are hitting the ps3/360 from hitting the wii otherwise it would be getting them as well. I only mention 3rd party multiplatform support because it goes hand in hand with exclusives - if either is weak the consoles software lineup suffers. At least in 2009 it's is somewhat (though minimally) alleviated by 3rd party exclusives for the wii.

cura
do you call games like monster hunter 3 and madworld and conduit mediocre ???
Then are you actually plain silly or an extreme fanboy.......
Monster hunter 3 whas an steal from the ps3 as it whas an ps3 exclusive in the beginning,but they found it to expensive to develop for the ps3.
And havent hawx bin cancelled already ????
Capcom are talking about an wii version of resident evil 5 but nothing confirmed yet.
wii gets 2 final fantasy games this year.
street fighter feels actually really boring after you played all the old ones.
but calling the wii line up mediocre lmao
the wii gets alot of showel ware and you dont nead to play them :)

Its about the games not the hardware well ???????

@cura
Dude......youre just wrong.

For the record. Tatsuoko vs Capcomm (Wii) Street Fighter IV(PS360) both win for each console. You cant say Wii is missing SFIV when PS360 is missing TvC

cura said:

I think the wii's exclusive lineup is mediocre at best though I am looking forward to a couple of wii games in 2009 - punchout and wii sports resorts in particular.

I just wanted to say though, whilst the wii may have the longest list of exclusives, it misses out on the majority of triple A projects by 3rd parties that both the 360 and ps3 recieve, and without those efforts, the wii's lineup looks even slimmer.

The wii misses out on some key games such as Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Tekken 6 and Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams - all of them gracing the 360 and ps3.

Then you've got a whole array of 3rd party games that whilst may not have the same hype and expectation of the aforementioned games they'll probably end up being pretty decent nonetheless. Both the 360 and ps3 will be getting FEAR 2, GodFather 2, Fight Night Round 4, L.A. Noire, Just Cause 2, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Red Fraction Guerrilla, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Prototype, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Bionic Commando, Dark Void and Brutal Legend. Now, some of these games may end up being mediorce but some if not most of them will end up being great additions to the 360 and ps3's library. (Not sure if any are planned for the wii, correct me if I'm wrong!).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that although the wii may have the longest lineup of exclusives (which I personally don't think matches either the 360 or ps3's list) they do not get the same quality or breadth of 3rd support that the 360 and ps3 recieve and it makes their lineup considerably worse. Yes, there are quality 3rd party efforts like Mad World and The Conduit and maybe more but they hardly put a dent in either the 360 or ps3's lineup (my opinion anyway!).

P.S. I'm not purposely bashing the wii - the technical capabilities of the console precludes many of the games that are hitting the ps3/360 from hitting the wii otherwise it would be getting them as well. I only mention 3rd party multiplatform support because it goes hand in hand with exclusives - if either is weak the consoles software lineup suffers. At least in 2009 it's is somewhat (though minimally) alleviated by 3rd party exclusives for the wii.

And there we go: the goalpost moves another 100 meters away from its initial position. It's almost out of sight.

Around the Network

"Best" implies quality. The topic is "best" exclusives. I'll just leave that comment... at that. The Wii will always win "most" exclusives, as its pretty hard to cross-platform a HD game with a Wii version. Thus almost everything on the Wii is an "exclusive", at the cost of dramatically fewer high-grade cross-platform titles. If you made a "HD exclusives" (meaning PS360 crossplats -- i.e. easy ports that don't make it to the Wii) list, the Wii list doesn't look anywhere near as long. I think that may have been the point of some of the recent posts in the thread. The "raw" comparison is skewed pretty badly.

Wii's list for me is a bit... I dunno, the games look good but there are no stand outs, nothing that'll blow me away and be a potential game of the year. Maybe that's just not how Wii developement is and it's more about nishe games and weird, quirky art styles we've not seen before, which I dig, but I can't buy in mass.

I think my 2009 is going to be governed by multiplats anyway, really hope to see a few more big announcements for games in 09 though, even if I've got a big enough list to last me 24 months :/. Albeit all I really want is Mass Effect, Star Ocean and Dead Rising on PS3 0_o.

I dunno about Wii, Mad World is where I'm gonna be placing my money to 'restore the faith' so to speak. I doubt any of the crazy Japanese games will hit Europe in 09.

Also, it's a shame to see a Sonic game put next to the likes of God of War and Uncharted. Do people just get sucked into these Sonic games every time thinking it'll actually be good? :/.

The issue of HD exclusives is one that has to be taken into consideration. In my opinion the PS3 is better than the Wii on exclusives alone. Once you take into account HD multiplats, the lineups of the 360 and the PS3 blows the Wii's out of the water. I suppose that's the difference the gulf in power makes: the Wii just gets left out.

I don't take complaints about the quality of the Wii's lineup very seriously. I just don't! Too many of you apparently didn't play Odin Sphere.

Odin Sphere rocked. Is that coming to the Wii? Add another great PS2 title to the Wii's lineup, woot! ;)