By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dating a co-worker: Yes or no?

So I recently (a couple months ago) ended a long off and on relationship. This time it will be permanent (although we are on great terms).

I'm looking to start dating again, and I work with a very interesting woman.  She likes video games and anime, is smart, cute, and nice. Basically a lot like me (minus the cute and nice part). My only issue is, I'm unsure about dating a co-worker. I think it can create awkward situations both between me and her if we ever broke up, and between me and the other people I work with. On the other hand, how often do you meet a pretty girl who likes video games and anime, and has expressed clear interest in you?

Looking for some help here.

Around the Network

Well with my friend dating this girl that me and him work with, they had a thing going for a little while, it didn't really cause any problems, and when they broke up they stayed friends so really no awkward moments. I'd say go for it man :D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Hit it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I would go for it. As long as you don't treat her like a complete asshole, it doesn't mean that future interactions must be unpleasant even if things don't work out. It's all about the attitude with which you handle the situation. Just don't push into anything too fast, as that's often how potential issues will later arise.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Would it really be okay for you keep wondering "What could have been" with a lady you really like just because you were frightened that you may create awkward situations at work if the relationship fails?

Make it 4 for go for it. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

What do you do and how closely do you work with her?

It depends if where you are working is part of your career (or career path) or a job. If it's a job, just go in head first (see condom thread). If it's a career style job, ask a supervisor what the corporate policies are on the subject.

just do it.

my job has some strict rules against it, but if you company is ok with it or you two can keep it a secret, go for it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

go for it.. im trying to get with one of two women at Walmart at the moment.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453