By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EA explains slow PS3 Madden

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/813/813061p1.html

Around the Network

this is the second madden on PS3, no excuse is good anymore.

sony only has themselves to blame. just like nintendo, when people complain about the wii has last gen graphics (even when it can do more), remember it's nintendo's own decision to blame.

the Wii is an epidemic.

They gave the most attention to the versions they thought would sell best. Makes sense to me. Last gen the gamecube got the crappy versions.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
They gave the most attention to the versions they thought would sell best. Makes sense to me. Last gen the gamecube got the crappy versions.

More like they had to release the game on time and they can't delay it so they are putting it out. Last year the 360's Madden was 30 fps too if I recall so I guess by next Madden they will have that up on the PS3...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Lingyis said:
sony only has themselves to blame. just like nintendo, when people complain about the wii has last gen graphics (even when it can do more), remember it's nintendo's own decision to blame.

Why does sony have themselves to blame? If they worked on it the game should have been 60fps.

mM
I think PS3's version will sell descently. It's Madden. It isn't a game which may not provide profits so some developments cuts are most welcome...  this is a  flagship of EA in US so they should try harder. It's obvious lack of power isn't a reason for framerate issues. I think bad press will give them some hints how game making should look like.  PS3 owners pay as much as X360 gamers so definitely it's unprofessional to provide such gimpy product... 

It's also having 80% of the RAM, especially when that extra 20% is all frame buffer. That will likely be gotten around in a few years, but with less development time at the moment, games will just have to drop resolution or framerate until they get more used to how the systems work.

Plus as ckmlb pointed out, the 360 version had 30fps last year, so EA simply got the 360 to work this time, so likely they will get the PS3 to work next time.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

My my...Madden in the past was sony's best selling 3rd party game.

But not anymore.. Its now 360's.

I just dont understand?..If anything, the ps3 version should be the sickest/best version..
Sony is hurting. They need their console to be in more homes and this isn't helping.

Sony what has happend this gen?? Nothing is going good for you!

I keep waiting for PS3 to get the edge it so needs and the respectible games it so deserves, but man its another step down for ps3.

I guess it's still official........ wait another year or 2 for ps3

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

2 version will sell very well
Of course Xbox360 will sell better because of the big user base, but I m not very worried about the PS3 version.
Most of the reveiwer gave 8.5-9 to the 2 version.

Time to Work !