By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hope for Valkyria Chronicles?

This game confuses me. Sales are extremely weak, but it's also been very difficult to find since launch, which would suggest retailers or Sega have underestimated demand. There certainly hasn't been any promotion for it. Right now on Amazon.ca, somehow it's the #20 best selling item in video games, and the best selling PS3 game overall. It's also sold out. Amazon.com is a very different picture, though. There, it's buried somewhere in the 200s.

I wonder if the publisher, retailers, and consumers will come around on this game and make it a gradual success, or if it's doomed to obscurity like similar masterpieces in the past. There's been a pretty good grassroots campaign on forums like this one, but is anyone listening?

I still haven't heard anything about a 360 port, but that seems like the obvious move. I hope they make one, just to generate enough sales to justify a sequel and some more DLC. But my worry is that Sega's going to cut its losses here and write the game off. Would be a tragedy.

Around the Network

its at 320K

which is extremely good for a SRPJ not named Fire emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics

I can't say for certain, but I think the game was undershipped in Europe. I had to buy a copy of the game here and ship to one of my friends because he couldn't find the game in Norway. I really disappointed by VC's sales outside of Japan. Given the games quality and lack of competition in the genre, I thought it would do better. Valkyria Chronicles is excellent and I fear that the dev team may not get to make another title in this vein unless sales pick up.

well, Sony's inhouse animation studio A-1 Pictures is doing an anime for VC, which begins airing in April in Japan, so I guess it's not "all said and done" in terms of this games sales

Why would they bother with a 360 port? It's too much work, and it won't sell well. It'll probably cost more to port than they will earn back from 360 sales, which will be even lower than PS3 sales, because it's a port.

Nah, they might as well just leave this one and concentrate on Yakuza.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

well, Sony's inhouse animation studio A1 pictures is doing an anime for VC, which begins airing in April in Japan, so I guess it's not "all said and done" in terms of this games sales

Yeah and the fact there's an anime funded by Sony implies that they won't port to the 360 as the licence has likely been purchased.

Hmmm....thats off-putting...yet interesting.

Even in my local gamecrazy i only saw one copy remaining, It could mean two things, not enough of a demand, or too much of a demand.

lol this may sound kind of on the crazy side but from what I've seen the game isn't really pushing much on the ps3. Do you think it would be possible to port this game to the wii?

Sadly enough, if it's undershipped, it may never see some sort of epic, slow burn if it's an RPG. 360 owners thought the same thing for Tales of Vesperia - as there were tons of reports that it was undershipped in America....Problem was/is, that we haven't seen convincing legs on the title.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.