By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - too wii or not to wii

McPancak3s said:
Shanobi said:
Wii 2? Seriously?

Okay, on the point: Why would you get a PS3 when you have a 360? They're going to be the same gaming experience, with practically the same games, save for a dwindling number of exclusives...

yeah well the few ps3 exclusives are kinda what i want to play :/

I am curious as to what PS3 exclusives you want to play. From your collection you seem to like shooters. 360 might have the slight edge there. I had alot of fun with the Resistance series on PS3 and Killzone 2 looks promising. I am not falling for the hype, till I have played it. GOW is what pushed me over the edge to get a 360. My advice is to see if Killzone 2 delivers the goods and wait for the impending price drop (we know its coming Sony). That way you dont spend 400 bucks on one game.

As for the Wii, I mostly picked mine up for the VC. Being an older gamer I really like the NES and Super NES games. If you like that stuff go for it.  Mario Kart is a blast on the Wii. I am not sure but I think you mentioned you liked survival horror in another thread. If thats the case, RE4 on the Wii always brings a smile to my face.

My 2 cents

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network
amp316 said:
McPancak3s said:
dougsdad0629 said:
You REALLY need to take a good hard look at the Wii library and decide if it's for you. I got sucked in by the hype and, while I thoroughly enjoyed Mario and Zelda, overall, I really ended up hating the Wii. I find it boring and the waggle controls don't make games more fun for me. Example, I hated Force Unleashed for Wii, but loved it on PS3. Had nothing to do with graphics. It had to do with the controls. I only keep the Wii because my 4 yr. old likes it.

well certain games werent meant to be on the wii, like the force unleashed. i would much rather play that (and i do lol) on my 360. on the other hand, wii exclusive titles are more or less my forte for the console... id rather play the masher button games on my 360 and the more active games on my wii

The Force Unleashed shouldn't be played on any system.  It's horrible on all of them.

thats based on personal opinion... i would rather play the forced unleashed on a controller thats more accurate on the button smashing scheme than try and actually slash my way around the levels

Jinova said:
McPancak3s said:
Shanobi said:
Wii 2? Seriously?

Okay, on the point: Why would you get a PS3 when you have a 360? They're going to be the same gaming experience, with practically the same games, save for a dwindling number of exclusives...

yeah well the few ps3 exclusives are kinda what i want to play :/

I am curious as to what PS3 exclusives you want to play. From your collection you seem to like shooters. 360 might have the slight edge there. I had alot of fun with the Resistance series on PS3 and Killzone 2 looks promising. I am not falling for the hype, till I have played it. GOW is what pushed me over the edge to get a 360. My advice is to see if Killzone 2 delivers the goods and wait for the impending price drop (we know its coming Sony). That way you dont spend 400 bucks on one game.

As for the Wii, I mostly picked mine up for the VC. Being an older gamer I really like the NES and Super NES games. If you like that stuff go for it.  Mario Kart is a blast on the Wii. I am not sure but I think you mentioned you liked survival horror in another thread. If thats the case, RE4 on the Wii always brings a smile to my face.

My 2 cents

for my playstation and playstation 2 i actually played more or less kids games, i think god of war was the only one that was more or less mature. my first system was the genesis, so i turned to the sonic path like any kid back them. then i grew to a playstation and xbox, playing games like tomb raider and halo. when i was given a ps2 and the god of war series, i went more for the violent games and left the sports and kids stuff. i also love shadow of colossus, and im hoping someday they will make some form of another sequel. as for my survivor horror love, im still developing that. the only games that i truly loved in that genre is dead space and silent hill 2... sorry re fans, they are still a great series. the one genre that i absolutely love is stealth games, like mgs (although i only played the demo of the first one lol), the splinter cell series, and the tenchu series. although i stick to fps, i still enjoy some kids games (sonic... still) generally due to my sister. the games i would look forward to in the ps3 would probably have to do with the continuations of certain series that i like (mgs4, gow3...) and a kids game or two (little big planet). i guess i am an older gamer, i loved super smash bros and what some people consider kids games. so if i get the wii im probably going to get all of the super mario series (except maybe the sports, im not so sold on those) and a few simple games here and there (endless ocean, wii fit or wii sports)

McPancak3s said:
Kantor said:
McPancak3s said:

that is my question

im an avid 360 player and i want something different... but should i wait til next year to get the wii2? or do i even dare to get a ps3 :/

I hope that's a typo. The Wii 2 (whatever they call it) isn't coming until 2012.

I question the intent behind posting this in the Microsoft discussion. If you want something different, I suppose Wii would be the way to go.

2012?? i heard 2010!well in that case i guess i can get the wii now

sorry about that

You didn't hear anything official. ANy dates you have heard regarding the next Nintendo home console are pure speculation.

Though one thing that sane people will tell you is that it certianly won't be out in 2010.... Christmas 2012 would be the earliest date for realease, and I wouldn't be suprised if it were a year later than that.

----------

Buy a Wii.

Then buy the games that interest you, and only someone severely biased could not find at least 10 Wii games of interest.

I highly reccomend (depending on what type of games you like)

LoZ:Twilight Princess (Adventure type thing)
Super Mario Galaxy (Pure platforming genius)
Mario Kart Wii (seriously, get this unless you have a disgust for racing games)
Battalion Wars 2 (really cool strategy/shooter)
Metroid Prime 3 (First person shooter/adventure)
No More Heroes (gory, hilarious and incredibly cool hack-slash action game)
SSX Blur (Excellent Snowboarding game, although if you are going to get Wii Fit, then Shaun White would be a better purchase)
Zack and Wiki (funny, cute, difficult, frustrating but highy rewarding point and click puzzle game)
Resident Evil 4 (Combines the best of both GC and PS2 versions, but also has a brilliant control scheme that means it far surpasses them)
Endless Ocean (Relaxing diving game, but if you are a collectable nut like me there is a hell of a lot to explore and find)
Excite Truck (Not as highly reccomended as the other games but it is a very fun racing game none the less)

And Wii Sports of course, which is an excellent collection of sports games.

There are many many other games I am sure I could reccomend you if I had the money to buy them myself, but the above is the list of games I own (minus Wii Play, which is well worth it's price tag of £5/$10.... so get that too)

If you have the means get both a Wii and a PS3. That way you wont feel like you are missing out and all your gaming needs will be covered lol.

Seriously though if stealth games are your thing you cant go wrong with MGS4. I havent played it yet but it seems to be the mother of that genre. I guess it really boils down to if the PS3 exclusives are what you really wanna play. The Wii has a little something for all tastes, more or less.
Anyway, let us know how it turns out for you.

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network

HUH Wii2 already what year is this?

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Honestly, I dont like most Nintendo games like Mario and Pokemon though I like platformers like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Klonoa, Jack and Dexter, Rachet and Clank. I respect but dont enjoy Zelda series unlike Final Fantasy. Most shooter and sports games are much better on PS360 platforms. But I still want to give a Wii a try, because the console is damn cool!!! I mean It's cheap, light, slick, cute, efficient, silent with original controls and cheaper games!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Wii60 is fantastic. There will be very few games you will miss out on.

Wii's software line-up for next year is amazing. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=34940

You'll definitely won't be dissapointed with a Wii. Make sure you buy Mario Kart!

Jinova said:
If you have the means get both a Wii and a PS3. That way you wont feel like you are missing out and all your gaming needs will be covered lol.

Seriously though if stealth games are your thing you cant go wrong with MGS4. I havent played it yet but it seems to be the mother of that genre. I guess it really boils down to if the PS3 exclusives are what you really wanna play. The Wii has a little something for all tastes, more or less.
Anyway, let us know how it turns out for you.

i probably will end up with getting both systems, but i really dont know which would come first... once i get one i want to play as much as i can on it before i get the other. thanks though for the tips!

Bullet100000 said:
HUH Wii2 already what year is this?

i thought it was coming out soon, but it shouldnt be out for at least a couple more years :/