By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - too wii or not to wii

nordlead said:
The Wii is this generations market leader. There is no way they cut the generation short to 2010 when they are raking in the $$$. Just like all the previous market leaders, expect the Wii to stay on the shelves the longest. Even Nintendo themselves said they would like to break away from the 5 year generation cycle.

Nintendo will keep the Wii on the shelves for as long as the competition allows it to, which could be to 2012 or even later.

that was my thoughts but for some reason i heard it was coming out in 2010, i heard wrong though 

Around the Network

No one really knows when a wii2 will come out... A major change is not likely anytime soon. That said, a model with more storage or different colors might be sooner like 2010.

Frankly, I'm waiting for a black Wii before I make my move. The all-white sheen of the current model just screams faux Apple styling. I know I'm a little odd in that colouring tends to matter more to girls but given that the OP is (apparently) one herself...

magnifier said:
Frankly, I'm waiting for a black Wii before I make my move. The all-white sheen of the current model just screams faux Apple styling. I know I'm a little odd in that colouring tends to matter more to girls but given that the OP is (apparently) one herself...

i dont particularily care about the colors, i just heard the wii 2 was going to be incredibly different than the wii (besides the different colors: black, green, red, silver, and white) but if its just colors then i wouldnt mind a black one... it'll match my 360 (is that too girly?? lol)

jlauro said:
No one really knows when a wii2 will come out... A major change is not likely anytime soon. That said, a model with more storage or different colors might be sooner like 2010.

i keep reading either 2010 or 2012 so im assuming its undergoing the process of being made now... and it should be around int he next couple of years

and the only major change, from what ive read, is just tweaking the system to make it easier to use

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22487

Around the Network

If you even say "Wii" out loud, you'll turn casual and everyone will make fun of you. Employers will turn you down, people will throw rocks at you, and you'll have to move to a casual neighborhood just to be accepted.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

McPancak3s said:
jlauro said:

i keep reading either 2010 or 2012 so im assuming its undergoing the process of being made now... and it should be around int he next couple of years

and the only major change, from what ive read, is just tweaking the system to make it easier to use

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22487

All reports on a date are purely speculation. No one but Nintendo knows when the next system will be released, and again they are the market leader, and will continue to sell the Wii until the competition forces them to sell something new or their sales plumet and releasing a new console will increase profits.

Now, I'm 100% positive their hardware R&D is working on the next console (or else they would be out of  a job) and that they are always working on the next console. Now, does that mean it is coming out soon? no, but it does mean that Nintendo will be prepared to release a console when the time is right.

The people/news sources that say 2010 say that because they think Nintendo's console will look "old" without HD visuals. The people who say 2012 do so because Sony released the PS3 ~6 years after the PS2, or it seems like a decent time span. Does that mean they will release in 2012? not really. Nintendo could release a new console anywhere from 2010-2015, and we won't have a clue until either one of the competitors anounces they are releasing new hardware (which would push Nintendo to release soon), or Nintendo themselves anounces they are releasing new hardware.

Anyways, more on topic

If you want a Wii, get it now and enjoy it. Nintendo MAY release new colors, but I highly doubt they will do any more to it other than adding more internal storage. The internal storage isn't really needed unless you buy lots of games online or lots of downloadable content. Also, don't expect a price drop on the Wii for years, probably 2 or more, as the system still sells like gangbusters and outstrips supply and will continue to do so for quite some time.

EDIT: oh, and if you read that thread you would realize everything in that link is a complete hoax.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

McPancak3s said:

that is my question

im an avid 360 player and i want something different... but should i wait til 2012 to get the wii2? or do i even dare to get a ps3 :/

With such a great looking face like that, buy a ticket to Portugal!!!!

I'd say compare the games and features of the PS3 and Wii and don't even think about waiting for Wii2, that won't be for quite some time.

4 ≈ One

Not to wii is what i sii.