By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - too wii or not to wii

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Not to wii is what i sii.

If I was you I would to wii, but it is just mii.

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Not to wii is what i sii.

If I was you I would to wii, but it is just mii.

Thy Seraphic shalt nevar to wii, for it is not to bii, but thou enjoy's thy wii which is cool and swiit, bu Tis teh wii i find not amusing to mii. :O

nordlead said:
McPancak3s said:
jlauro said:
No one really knows when a wii2 will come out... A major change is not likely anytime soon. That said, a model with more storage or different colors might be sooner like 2010.

i keep reading either 2010 or 2012 so im assuming its undergoing the process of being made now... and it should be around int he next couple of years

and the only major change, from what ive read, is just tweaking the system to make it easier to use

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22487

All reports on a date are purely speculation. No one but Nintendo knows when the next system will be released, and again they are the market leader, and will continue to sell the Wii until the competition forces them to sell something new or their sales plumet and releasing a new console will increase profits.

Now, I'm 100% positive their hardware R&D is working on the next console (or else they would be out of  a job) and that they are always working on the next console. Now, does that mean it is coming out soon? no, but it does mean that Nintendo will be prepared to release a console when the time is right.

The people/news sources that say 2010 say that because they think Nintendo's console will look "old" without HD visuals. The people who say 2012 do so because Sony released the PS3 ~6 years after the PS2, or it seems like a decent time span. Does that mean they will release in 2012? not really. Nintendo could release a new console anywhere from 2010-2015, and we won't have a clue until either one of the competitors anounces they are releasing new hardware (which would push Nintendo to release soon), or Nintendo themselves anounces they are releasing new hardware.

Anyways, more on topic

If you want a Wii, get it now and enjoy it. Nintendo MAY release new colors, but I highly doubt they will do any more to it other than adding more internal storage. The internal storage isn't really needed unless you buy lots of games online or lots of downloadable content. Also, don't expect a price drop on the Wii for years, probably 2 or more, as the system still sells like gangbusters and outstrips supply and will continue to do so for quite some time.

EDIT: oh, and if you read that thread you would realize everything in that link is a complete hoax.

thanks for all the info, i havent really been researching it well i guess... 

Dgc1808 said:
I'd say compare the games and features of the PS3 and Wii and don't even think about waiting for Wii2, that won't be for quite some time.

ive done some research on both (obviously not enough though) and im pretty stuck on which i would prefer, so im asking the people who play the same games on the same system that ive got for help. i like the os3 for the graphics and their exclusive games, but i also like the wii for the fact that it just looks plain fun to play, which is what i think today's video games have lost ... but thats kinda my own opinion 

frybread said:
If you even say "Wii" out loud, you'll turn casual and everyone will make fun of you. Employers will turn you down, people will throw rocks at you, and you'll have to move to a casual neighborhood just to be accepted.

been there, done that

except i dont have a wii... so i guess i should make it a package deal then

Around the Network

I think of the PS3 as similar to the 360. If you didn't have a 360 already, then I think you might have more to think about. IMHO, Wii+360 or Wii+PS3 makes more sense then 360+PS3, as the 360 and PS3 have more overlap.

You REALLY need to take a good hard look at the Wii library and decide if it's for you. I got sucked in by the hype and, while I thoroughly enjoyed Mario and Zelda, overall, I really ended up hating the Wii. I find it boring and the waggle controls don't make games more fun for me. Example, I hated Force Unleashed for Wii, but loved it on PS3. Had nothing to do with graphics. It had to do with the controls. I only keep the Wii because my 4 yr. old likes it.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

dougsdad0629 said:
You REALLY need to take a good hard look at the Wii library and decide if it's for you. I got sucked in by the hype and, while I thoroughly enjoyed Mario and Zelda, overall, I really ended up hating the Wii. I find it boring and the waggle controls don't make games more fun for me. Example, I hated Force Unleashed for Wii, but loved it on PS3. Had nothing to do with graphics. It had to do with the controls. I only keep the Wii because my 4 yr. old likes it.

well certain games werent meant to be on the wii, like the force unleashed. i would much rather play that (and i do lol) on my 360. on the other hand, wii exclusive titles are more or less my forte for the console... id rather play the masher button games on my 360 and the more active games on my wii

jlauro said:
I think of the PS3 as similar to the 360. If you didn't have a 360 already, then I think you might have more to think about. IMHO, Wii+360 or Wii+PS3 makes more sense then 360+PS3, as the 360 and PS3 have more overlap.

yeah, the overlapping reason is pretty much whats stopping me from running out to get a ps3 (they're really cheap here right now) but they do have some good exclusive games, which keeps me considering the overlap

McPancak3s said:
dougsdad0629 said:

well certain games werent meant to be on the wii, like the force unleashed. i would much rather play that (and i do lol) on my 360. on the other hand, wii exclusive titles are more or less my forte for the console... id rather play the masher button games on my 360 and the more active games on my wii

The Force Unleashed shouldn't be played on any system.  It's horrible on all of them.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger