By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why Do Girls Love Text Messages So Much?

Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:
Moongoddess hit the nail on the head.

You get to formulate a correct response to what is said.

Less awkward pauses too.

Yeah, i can picture this "formulation"

*taptaptaptaptaptap

Oh... does this sounds too rude?

*taptaptaptaptap

No, that has a double meaning

*taptap...tectectectec

Yeah, that's it.... No, what was i thinking? Let me take this out

*taptaptaptaptap

More like, an ugly chick asks you out.

On the phone, you'd be like NO!

But in a text you'd be like, "I'm kinda doing the whole celibacy thing now, but maybe in the future", or you'd just flat out ignore it. 

lool.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:

Less awkward pauses too.

*taptaptaptaptaptap

*taptaptaptaptap

*taptap...tectectectec

*taptaptaptaptap

But in a text you'd be like, "I'm kinda doing the whole celibacy thing now, but maybe in the future", or you'd just flat out ignore it. 

lool.

speaking from experience? if so i will tell you beggers can't be choosers

@ baddman

;_;

DMeisterJ said:
Flow said:
DMeisterJ said:

Less awkward pauses too.

*taptaptaptaptaptap

*taptaptaptaptap

*taptap...tectectectec

*taptaptaptaptap

lool.

No? That's old fashioned, you can use the tunnel trick

Wat? Can't hear tschhhhhh i'm on tschhhhhh sorry i'm tschhhh tunnel gotta go tschhhhh *click

Or the lion!

Yeah, sure we can hang out girl, just tell... oh shit what's that? OH GOD A FREAKING LION AAAAAAH SHIT MY ARM, HE ATE MY AAAAAAAAAA NOT IN THERAAAAAAAAAWWWW GODNOOOOOOOOO I GOTTA GOAWWWWWGHH.... tschhhhhh *click

And don't listen to baddman, better wait than get anything in the way, in my opinion. Getting every ugly chick makes you look like a whore yourself and a saint guy like you shouldn't do that lol

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

i have no idea, i barely ever text people, i much prefer face to face contact, text messages are so dull and emotionless, if you can see someone i find its much easier to talk to them

Around the Network
Flow said:

No? That's old fashioned, you can use the tunnel trick

Wat? Can't hear tschhhhhh i'm on tschhhhhh sorry i'm tschhhh tunnel gotta go tschhhhh *click

Or the lion!

Yeah, sure we can hang out girl, just tell... oh shit what's that? OH GOD A FREAKING LION AAAAAAH SHIT MY ARM, HE ATE MY AAAAAAAAAA NOT IN THERAAAAAAAAAWWWW GODNOOOOOOOOO I GOTTA GOAWWWWWGHH.... tschhhhhh *click

And don't listen to baddman, better wait than get anything in the way, in my opinion. Getting every ugly chick makes you look like a whore yourself and a saint guy like you shouldn't do that lol

>_< he never does

Only 1 message every 2 minutes. It's not too much.

Girl, 13, sends 14,528 texts in a month

SILVERADO CANYON, Calif., Jan. 11 (UPI) -- A California father says he discovered his 13-year-old daughter sent 484 text messages per day last month -- one message every 2 minutes of every waking hour.

Greg Hardesty of Silverado Canyon, Calif., told the New York Post his 440-page cell phone bill revealed his daughter Reina had sent an astonishing 14,528 text messages.

"First, I laughed. I thought, 'That's insane, that's impossible,'" said Hardesty, 45, a reporter for The Orange County Register. "And I immediately whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible."

Hardesty said Reina had messaged a core of "four obsessive texters," all girls between the ages of 12 and 13. Luckily, he was on an unlimited text messaging plan or his bill would have been $2,905 at a rate of 20 cents per message, the Post reported.

Hardesty told the newspaper he and his ex-wife have placed restrictions on Reina's cellphone use, ruling she cannot text after dinner.

When it comes to texting, it appears Reina has much in common with a New Zealand teenager. It was reported last month that Hannah Brooke, 16, of Wellington frequently uses up the 6,000 messages she's allowed each month and borrows phones from friends to keep on texting.

When someone asks me out that I'm not interested in I'd prefer to tell them in person or on the phone at worst because I think its cowardly to reject people digitally. The same goes for when I dump someone.

Bursche said:
Everyone texts. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Not true. I don't text because it's stupid. If I want to talk to them. I will hit the 10 numbers to call them.

Texting requires more effort than just calling the person and having a conversation.

Um... most guy/guy conversations are like what... 5 minutes? Girl/girl chats aren't 5 minutes (usually). You don't always have time for a 30/60+ minute conversation especially in between classes so texting is way easier and quicker. Plus if you're already text'ing one person, may as well go ahead and text a couple other people too...