By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wiimotes sales

Steve 3.2 said:
I have two Wiimotes and don't even own a system... don't ask. :P

Use them for PC gaming/navigation?

Around the Network

I've got a few friends that own Wiimotes but don't own systems...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Lots of people, at least in my area, bought Wiimotes before the system because they were both incredibly hard to find but they had managed to find the controllers before the system.

That's what I did...we all bought our own controllers, because we figured we'd get our own Wiis when we could find them after launch, but controllers were also hard to find.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Katilian said:
Steve 3.2 said:
I have two Wiimotes and don't even own a system... don't ask. :P

Use them for PC gaming/navigation?

I was able to get both of my remotes for $5 off... go Best Buy and their coupons!  (One was with Wii Play if you're keeping score at home.)  I'll eventually get a Wii and I use the wiimotes at friend's places sometimes.  Also helped a friend 'exchange' a busted wiimote with one of my purchases... ;)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

I got my Wiimotes while waiting to buy my Wii. The person two spots in line behind me was actually a couple and one of them kindly went to Best Buy and bought their entire stock of Wiimotes (day before Wii was released) so our line could each get one (he sold them to us for 100% of the original price, nothing more, nothing less). We were a tight-knit group.

Edit: In case you didn't get it, this was a launch day line (I was 10th of 20 and got there at 10am, fourteen hours before release, of the day before).

I owned 4 Wii games before I got a Wii.

I owned 40 PS2 games and 3 memory cards before getting a PS2.

I'm weird.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.