By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales dropping down in US. Why?

The question for me is why VGChartz has shown steady sales for the Wii in 2007, while Nintendo reported slowing shipments in the first quarter and then a big increase in shipments for the second quarter. According to VGChartz, consumer sales were 300k bigger than shipments in the first quarter while they were 500k smaller in the second quarter (I'm referring to calendar quarters, not fiscal quarters). How come there is such a difference? I think we will see at the end of this quarter that shipments were up, not flat.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

souixan,

I don't even see why you brought up political issues on a thread having nothing to do with Bush and very little to do with macro-economics of the US. But even worse, right now it appears you have built your beliefs on a foundation of television propaganda and little to no real data or facts. And you were hoping to make people believe the way you do based on what?

To Each Man, Responsibility

*walks into thread, sees political rants* What the hell happened to this thread?

This is all I'm ever going to say about Politics on here.

George Bush is an idiot manchild who plunged his country into crippling deficits and an inescapable quagmire in Iraq. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on at a war crimes tribunal let alone an impeachment trial and your country will take years if not decates just to pick up the shattered pieces he's left in his wake.

Well now that we've got that out of our system, the Wii's still doing fantastic. And with major games on the way, those sales will shoot even higher soon.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Well now that we've got that out of our system, the Wii's still doing fantastic. And with major games on the way, those sales will shoot even higher soon.

Well, after reading all of it, I'm betting next week again to higher sales in the prediction league. Three weeks i expected higher sales, and wondered why they are going down. But for the moment seems to me, shops are stockpiling for madden, Nintendo for MP3. I got my answers i wanted. Hoping im not off again, TheSource is right behind me, and i need better predictions (actually my japanese numbers would be great this week, if i didn't had a typo at the ps3 numbers) to keep him away from my #19 :)

Hey, how about we wait until the Wii is widely available before saying it is dooomed!!!1!ONE!, suxxorx, or whatever else the fanboy can imagine? Until supply and demand are roughly in equilibrium -- i.e. there are a enough consoles for most everyone that wants one -- conjecture about why sales increase/decrease is worthless. I have yet to see a wii on a store shelf anywhere in the texas market since they were launched. And we are a big state... Right now, sales decreases (at least in the U.S.) are primarily because of changes in supply. Again, when you can walk into any toys r us, wal mart, gamestop, best buy, target, and circuit city and buy a Wii like you can a PS3 or a 360, we really don't know.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:
Hey, how about we wait until the Wii is widely available before saying it is dooomed!!!1!ONE!, suxxorx, or whatever else the fanboy can imagine? Until supply and demand are roughly in equilibrium -- i.e. there are a enough consoles for most everyone that wants one -- conjecture about why sales increase/decrease is worthless. I have yet to see a wii on a store shelf anywhere in the texas market since they were launched. And we are a big state... Right now, sales decreases (at least in the U.S.) are primarily because of changes in supply. Again, when you can walk into any toys r us, wal mart, gamestop, best buy, target, and circuit city and buy a Wii like you can a PS3 or a 360, we really don't know.

Again the question, who said the wii is dommed? I wanna really know to whom do you respond? Please tell me! Did you even read the posts?

All i can think of at the moment:

<°)))o><

I think the main reason why Wii sales in North America are dropping is because Nintendo has been diverting units to other regions. Wii's world wide sales have been either going up or staying the same which makes me think that Nintendo is just trying to send units to where the demand is highest.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

I think the main reason why Wii sales in North America are dropping is because Nintendo has been diverting units to other regions. Wii's world wide sales have been either going up or staying the same which makes me think that Nintendo is just trying to send units to where the demand is highest.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Chemical said:

Highest, except for Nort America...  They are saving that until demand is met in other places, or the holiday season in Nort America whichever comes first...  Right now, demand is probably highest in North America, and Nintendo knows they have no hope of meeting it anytime soon.

sinha said:

Which specific years was there a balanced budget during the Clinton administration? Was it for the entire eight years? Or was it only after a Republican Congress was swept into power and enacted The Fiscal Responsibility Act in early 1996 as part of their Contract with America?

Neither; there never was a balanced budget.  There were projections it would be "balanced," if by "balanced" you mean not including the money they take out of the Social Security surplus every year that supposedly will be paid back later (yeah right).

Bottom line, kiddies: don't depend on the government to take care of you when you retire (or at any time, for that matter). 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)