By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Its great on either. Buy what you can find I reckon.

Around the Network

Whoops--I just remembered you can only kill Bastila in the light side ending XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

irstupid said:

I guess Kotor 2 just wasn't my game of choice.  Though I know I had fun playing it, but the story just sucked I guess.

I suppose it fair enough to say that I disagree with you.

Khuutra said:
irstupid said:
can someone post the quick summary of the story in Kotor 2, and the twist.

I have played both and finished both. but only remember the first ones story. Guess that shows which story was better in my view.

KotOR2 didn't have a twist.

"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." -Kreia

Kreia is the singlemost memorable character in a game I've ever known, by far.  It was such a shame to meet that character in an unfinished game though.

SeriousWB said:
Khuutra said:
irstupid said:
can someone post the quick summary of the story in Kotor 2, and the twist.

I have played both and finished both. but only remember the first ones story. Guess that shows which story was better in my view.

KotOR2 didn't have a twist.

"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." -Kreia

Kreia is the singlemost memorable character in a game I've ever known, by far.  It was such a shame to meet that character in an unfinished game though.

Agreed, though by extension of her many other characters (particularly Nihilus) are also very memorable.

Team Gizka needs to either finish or give up.

Around the Network
Hawk said:
Gamerace said:
I thought this was about the upcoming KoTOR MMO.

But yeah KoTOR is great! One of the few games I've complete 100%. Have to agree with Words of Wisdom though. Never finished the sequel 'cause it felt too much like the same game.

I figured I'd only play the first one because I always see the second being described that way.  As basically being more of the same.

That's bullshit... don't let these people convice you that somehow just because someone fell short of creating a game as awesome as the first one that it in any way isn't a great game.  In some ways the game is much better and the main character is not normal.

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
I'm still pissed i can't get it to be compatable with vista.

Here's hoping Windows 7 handles it better.

As much of a pipe dream as that is.

Does the 360 have BC for it?

I've yet to play either... and really want to... to the point of where i'd prolly just buy the Xbox versions... despite the inferior controls.

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
I'm still pissed i can't get it to be compatable with vista.

Here's hoping Windows 7 handles it better.

As much of a pipe dream as that is.

Does the 360 have BC for it?

I've yet to play either... and really want to... to the point of where i'd prolly just buy the Xbox versions... despite the inferior controls.

To the best of my knowledge, yes it does. The Xbox versions are quite capable, though the framerate tends to chug a tad. I recommend them.

Words Of Wisdom said:
shio said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
shio said:
Kotor is a good game, but Kotor 2 is much better.

KotOR2 is better in most elements... except the story.

I thought Kotor 2's best point was the story, characters, interaction and writing...

The interaction and writing were okay.  The characters were a mixed bag.  I hated Kreia and I despised the fact that new characters were almost identical to old ones (*cough* Atton *cough*). 

As for the story... I was hoping Obsidian would come up with something better.  Instead they just said "Oh look at what Bioware did, let's run the same story just with different characters and places."  That's a bit of an exaggeration but, on the whole, it felt like too much was lifted from the original.

My biggest problem was the ending. You had several dangling threads that were not tied up.