By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! it the next ZELDA!!!!

WII ZELDA WILL BE HUEG!!!!1

Around the Network

Oh god....

That skipping parts its gonna start a bunch of arguments.

I think its a good idea. If youre not gonna skip parts shut the fuck up and play the game.

I really hope they don't make Zelda easier.

Twilight Princess was too simple. It's still great, but it's not what Zelda can be.

I haven't even finished it because it's just not involved enough for me.

That said, I really hope they stay in the OoT/TP universe.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

alfredofroylan said:
Some speculation from GAF:
There seem to be 3 main modes:

Game -- Play through the game normally. Hint system is available but not forced. So hardcore gamers could just play the game regularly and enjoy the challenge while more casual gamers can get hints if they get really stuck

Digest -- The game goes through important scenes (both movie and gameplay) in order. Essentially the game plays itself in this mode if you will. But you have the option of stopping the digest at any time and playing from that exact point. Plus when you choose to take control you are given the appropriate equipment and stats for that part of the game. No saving though, but it seems to be unneeded

Scenes -- essentially playthrough any puzzle or scene again. Like digest you are given the appropriate equipment and such.

What Nintendo is planning on doing is pretty insane and far more ambitious than some of you realize yet. This just might be the "gateway game" that gamers, casuals and non-gamers could all enjoy.

Is this what they meant when they stated they wanted the next game in the series to be different from past ttiles?

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

More "wait and see" news?

Guess I'll do just that...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
J-Favs said:
alfredofroylan said:
Some speculation from GAF:
There seem to be 3 main modes:

Game -- Play through the game normally. Hint system is available but not forced. So hardcore gamers could just play the game regularly and enjoy the challenge while more casual gamers can get hints if they get really stuck

Digest -- The game goes through important scenes (both movie and gameplay) in order. Essentially the game plays itself in this mode if you will. But you have the option of stopping the digest at any time and playing from that exact point. Plus when you choose to take control you are given the appropriate equipment and stats for that part of the game. No saving though, but it seems to be unneeded

Scenes -- essentially playthrough any puzzle or scene again. Like digest you are given the appropriate equipment and such.

What Nintendo is planning on doing is pretty insane and far more ambitious than some of you realize yet. This just might be the "gateway game" that gamers, casuals and non-gamers could all enjoy.
Is this what they meant when they stated they wanted the next game in the series to be different from past ttiles?

Isn't it enough? I mean, I'm sure we'll get other changes too, but even if that was all there was, wouldn't it be enough?

Isn't speculation fun? I'm thinking this is a Wii-make Wind Waker.

Pixel Art can be fun.

starcraft said:

Twilight Princess was too simple. It's still great, but it's not what Zelda can be.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the Zelda series started to become easy right after Majora's Mask. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
starcraft said:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the Zelda series started to become easy right after Majora's Mask. :/

Try Adventures of Link.

And we're all better off for it.

Some intesrting pictures and info:

[0106]While a player is playing the game, the player encounters the "puzzle" set in the game as described above. FIG. 11 shows an exemplary scene in which the "puzzle" is set. In FIG. 11, how to open a door 103 is set as the "puzzle". Specifically, the player needs to solve the "puzzle" in some manner so as to open the door 103 and continue the game. Here, in order to respond to the "puzzle", that is, in order to open the door 103, it is necessary to press a switch provided at a predetermined position on a floor.

[0107]In the scene shown in FIG. 11, when a player cannot find how to open the door 103, a player may press the hint button 102. In this case, as shown in FIG. 12, a relatively small window 104 is displayed in a portion of the upper right area of the screen so as to reproduce moving images (hereinafter, referred to as an approach movie) indicating how to open the door 103. In FIG. 12, an approach movie representing a state where the player character 101 moves onto a switch 105 provided on the floor for opening the door 103, and stands on the switch 105 (that is, presses the switch 105) is reproduced. By viewing the approach movie, the player can know how to open the door 103. Therefore, the player moves the player character 101 to the switch 105 provided on the floor, and causes the player character 101 to stand thereon, as indicated by the approach movie, so as to open the door 103, thereby continuing the game.

This "hint" thing looks like a option for those who can't solve a puzzle