By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! it the next ZELDA!!!!

Could this be the Piktura Miyamoto patented before?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

There is some good ideas in here. This definately sounds like something they would do too. I bet this pops up at E3.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

I think it's a good idea as some puzzles in phantom hourglass were ridiculously hard. My 9 years old cousin would never have guessed that you needed to close your DS in order to copy something on a map.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

They're patenting the system. It was filed six months ago. It's not necessarily indicative of how far along in development of the game they are, nor is it necessarily connected to a game (though it seems pretty likely at this point).

It's basically a Nintendo-fied version of having multiple difficulty levels. Kind of like how WiiSpeak is their Nintendo-fied voice chat. ;>

I just thaught of something stupid, maybe this could be for the DS or even DS to Wii connectivity for hints much like the Tingle Tuner.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Around the Network

Hey! This patent was filed in June... Doesn't that means it's pretty old by now really?

Also, I find this somewhat interesting, but cannot totally figure out that it means.

[0171]Furthermore, the flash memory 17 or the like stores an operation history of a game play of each player, and each player may be allowed to create his/her own "approach movie" based on the operation history. The "approach movie" created by each player may be uploaded to the server. When the hint button 102 is pressed, the server may be accessed so as to view the "approach movies" created by various players. Thus, when, for example, a plurality of methods may be considered as a method for approaching a scene in the game, a plurality of approach methods including an approach method for which a skilled operation is required, a method in which an approach is made in a relatively easy operation, and the like may be viewed. It is possible to provide each player with information about an approach method which meets, for example, a skill of the each player for game play. As a result, a player may be prevented from becoming stuck with the game for increased certainty. Further, when it is possible to create and upload his/her own "approach movie", a player can enjoy introducing his/her skill in the game approach to another player, and the game becomes more enjoyable.

This here: http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=Nintendo.AS.&OS=AN/Nintendo&RS=AN/Nintendo is a decent read, but it's pretty long (I haven't read the whole thing myself, skip a bit down).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Godot said:
I think it's a good idea as some puzzles in phantom hourglass were ridiculously hard. My 9 years old cousin would never have guessed that you needed to close your DS in order to copy something on a map.

at 18 I couldent figure that out.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Best graphics on Wii yet?

Other than that, this is exactly what I want.

TP difficulty in the fighting, but with harder difficulty in the puzzles.

Having said that, I doubt this is the new Zelda.

The game has been in development for 2 years (at least), don't you think they would have come farther than this? Why patent this?

It seems like something completely different to me.

But hey, that's bloody awesome too!

Theres been rumors that the zelda wii game was in develepont during the time TP was being ported to the wii.  Also this might be an implentation in the game that they put in a few months back and are just patented it now.  Take into mind that mayamoto likes making his game extremely hard, but usually tone it down.  He wanted to make mario galazy even harder but was only able to lower mario hp to 3 heart.  They might've made zelda wii game so hard that they had no choice to implement this hint system lol.

I TAKE NO SIDES

neotea said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

The game has been in development for 2 years (at least), don't you think they would have come farther than this? Why patent this?

Theres been rumors that the zelda wii game was in develepont during the time TP was being ported to the wii. Also this might be an implentation in the game that they put in a few months back and are just patented it now. Take into mind that mayamoto likes making his game extremely hard, but usually tone it down. He wanted to make mario galazy even harder but was only able to lower mario hp to 3 heart. They might've made zelda wii game so hard that they had no choice to implement this hint system lol.

How do you know this? Where did u read this? SMG, hard? what?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

neotea said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Theres been rumors that the zelda wii game was in develepont during the time TP was being ported to the wii.  Also this might be an implentation in the game that they put in a few months back and are just patented it now.  Take into mind that mayamoto likes making his game extremely hard, but usually tone it down.  He wanted to make mario galazy even harder but was only able to lower mario hp to 3 heart.  They might've made zelda wii game so hard that they had no choice to implement this hint system lol.

This.