By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! it the next ZELDA!!!!

So it's like an ability skip something or whatever? Oh I really don't care. All I need is a trailer. Don't need this silly speculation of a patent haha.

Around the Network

My god this news has me extremely excited for a new Zelda game, even though it really doesn't tell us much, and we don't even know if it IS for a Zelda game. :P

I think I'll have a heart attack when I finally see a new badass Zelda trailer. Zelda for life! <3

EDIT: This is a kind of perfect time to bring it up... if anyone was wondering what my name "wfz" meant, it stands for "waiting for Zelda." I've had this screenname since I started on the internet about 5 years ago!

wfz said:
My god this news has me extremely excited for a new Zelda game, even though it really doesn't tell us much, and we don't even know if it IS for a Zelda game. :P

I think I'll have a heart attack when I finally see a new badass Zelda trailer. Zelda for life! <3

Haha I remember the people's reactions to Zelda: TP's first trailer haha.  There has never been a great reaction to an announcement then that trailer.

Zucas said:
wfz said:

Haha I remember the people's reactions to Zelda: TP's first trailer haha.  There has never been a great reaction to an announcement then that trailer.

QFT.  I wish I had been there.

DragonLord said:
I just hope they don't make it too casual. Zelda isn't suppose to be a wuss that my 4 year old niece can master.

No, a four year old should not be able to master it. A new gamer should not be able to master it. But, what is the problem if Nintendo uses this as a way for a new gamer to experience it? Do we guard our gaming that jealously?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

I kind of eddited it in late, so I want to repost it since it might have gone missed. This is top secret information stuff I never leak out!

-- This is a kind of perfect time to bring it up... if anyone was wondering what my name "wfz" meant, it stands for "waiting for Zelda." I've had this screenname since I started on the internet about 5 years ago!

It's weird, the most exciting moments in my life are when we first see a new Zelda trailer, or the anticipation leading up to a release and then playing a new Zelda game... Ahhh it makes life so  beautiful!

makingmusic476 said:
Zucas said:
wfz said:

Haha I remember the people's reactions to Zelda: TP's first trailer haha. There has never been a great reaction to an announcement then that trailer.

QFT. I wish I had been there.

Yea same.  I would have been screaming like a school girl too haha.  Hopefully they'll do something in similar fashion so I can sceam at home haha.

lapsed_gamer said:
DragonLord said:
I just hope they don't make it too casual. Zelda isn't suppose to be a wuss that my 4 year old niece can master.

No, a four year old should not be able to master it. A new gamer should not be able to master it. But, what is the problem if Nintendo uses this as a way for a new gamer to experience it? Do we guard our gaming that jealously?

Kinda hard for an optional aspect to make an entire game casual.  Zelda is one of the few hardcore series left haha.  Going to be really difficult to take that away.  Unless it's like Zelda Knitting or what not.  Not to mention I doubt Ninty would mess with the core gameplay.  Just too much of a following.  It's why Mario and SSB had very few things taken from the core aspects to satisfy the userbase.  Nintendo always knows how to satisfy long time gamers of their franchises.

makingmusic476 said:
Baddman said:
Snesboy said:
O-D-C said:
Godot said:
I think it's a good idea as some puzzles in phantom hourglass were ridiculously hard. My 9 years old cousin would never have guessed that you needed to close your DS in order to copy something on a map.

at 18 I couldent figure that out.

Ditto.

Only reason why I got past that part was because of the fairy bitching at you to do something IRL

lol The only reason I got past it was because I was getting pissed and just closed the ds and went to do something else when I came back I was like wtf  when I opened it back up and saw it got copied to the map

Those puzzles were pointlessly hard.  The only reason they were hard was because we were thinking of Phantom Hourglass as a game, and not something that interacts with the real world.

Like blowing on the windmills.  I had completely forgotten that you have even could blow into the DS, and I spent 20 minutes trying other stuff to solve that puzzle.  I was even drawing the wind command from Okami with my stylus, lol.

There was also this monster  that you could only hit when stunned and the fairy was sayin it gets stunned when hearing loud noises and i was like huh? So I then proceeded  to drop bombs and everything around it thinkin the explosion would be the noise lol until I gave out a argggh sound kinda loud and noticed it was then stunned. I seriously forgot the ds had a mic built in lol

Legend of Maru-Maru! How clever.

(A circle like that denotes a sort of "insert content here" indicator in Japanese, and is pronounced "maru". Some sites cleverly use it specifically for the "maru" sound.)

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.