By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is it Just Me, Or Was Anyone Else Disappointed by Fable 2?

angel.of.war said:

I was watching a review show for games and saw a review for Fable 2. I was sooo excited. I've played Fable a thousand times over, and I love the game.

At Christmas, I finally got Fable 2. I've been playing it for a little while now, and I have to say, I liked Fable better. Fable was easier to get into than Fable 2. There is a ton of glitches in Fable 2, where as in Fable, it seemed more of a smoother ride. Just yesterday, I was playing Fable 2, and a guy was walking through a rock. Like really... this is suppose to be next gen. Thats not suppose to be acceptable! 

I like the stuff they've added, but overall I'm not impressed. I find I get bored quick, and I switch to another game, more than I should be.

Maybe its just me, but I am not into Fable 2 like I was with Fable.

You overanalize the game and you'll never like it.  I keep telling people to just enjoy a game for what it is... even Haze wasn't that f'n bad and I loved Too Human

Around the Network

I know when then the first Fable was coming out I followed every minor detail and was extremely excited for it to come out. When I finally got it I found it to be one of the poorest gaming experiences that I've ever had, meeting absolutely none of my expectations.

Fable II on the other hand I hadn't paid any attention to at all until I finally decided to rent it on a whim, and I actually ended up having a nice time with it.

What I've learned, Peter Molyneaux's games always sound better on paper and you're better not setting yourself up for disappointment. Looking back both are quality games, they just don't live up to the hype that always surrounds them.

CIHYFS?

I liked it. I got 11 STDs though :(

i think fable 1 was the better game, but able 2 i still good.

angel.of.war said:
I'm starting to believe its just me... lol

well some may like it some may not.

i think fable 2 is a great game and im enjoying it. of course there will be bugs in games more so on sandbox types, but never the less fable 2 holds up very well imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Im only 30 hours into the game and im absolutly loving it! Its one of the VERY FEW games I find really hard to put down! On top of a full time job and a wife I manged to play that game for 24 hours in my first week which is more gaming in one week then I've done since Twilight Princess.

I'm with any one who thinks this game is awesome! I agree there are some huge glitches, Like I couldnt sex until I had slept in a bed to heal my wounds. Infact I couldnt even sleep until I had lost health that needed to be healed, then it let me sleep in the bed and then it let me sex!!! so I spent an hour trying to have sex! which is the longest time I've ever spent trying to get sex XD

But people walking through rocks, at least there wasnt some random guy standing on a table in the assasins bureau on Assasins creed! (I got photos of it, just gotta upload some day lol) I really want to get my hands on a copy of the original fable now! But because I havent played the original I dont have anything to compare it to.

But what I do love about this game is the abundance of side quests. I can do what ever I like in the world because I know the main story line will always be there for me to come back to. So I feel no rush in getting through the game like there is in other rpgs.

I'm expecting to max my time on this game at around 60 hours! which is money well spent! might even be more! it will be the real test to see if I get more enjoyment outa this game then twilight princess.

@Jabo, Im well over 20 STDs hehe, I just want to make the NPCs happy! come on! And soon I will own all the towns in the game! MUAHAHAHAH! take that lucian!

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

I tried to get more kids and apparently all my wives can only have kid each. Can you get more than one kids per wife?

Something I posted in another thread:

I'm sorry guys---I played through Fable 2, and I don't think it deserved quite so much hype, and definitely doesn't deserve to be the highest selling RPG. That's not saying it's not a good game. It's a good game. I still plan on finishing all the quests I didn't finish before the end of the main story, and I still plan on roaming around and finding all the rest of the demon doors and gargoyles. But a lot of the time when I was playing that game pretty heavily, I was thinking, "Am I missing something here?" In some ways, it felt like Neverwinter Nights 2. You would get to the edge of the area, and suddenly there was a day's worth of travel that the game would just make for you and then plunk you down into the next area. What happened to all that space in between? Could they have at least shown us SOME of it? Plus, how come every time I go through an area again, there are the EXACT SAME ENEMIES EVERY TIME? I started memorizing exactly when to pull my weapon out when running through an area. It would be like, "Oh yes, I'm going to get ambushed by three bandits right here." And once you got an even slightly powered up weapon and a couple of level ups, the fights were easy as pie. Not to mention that you get rich in that game without even trying.

Despite all that, it's still a fun game, and I'm not going to sit here and say I don't like playing it. I do. I think it is a gorgeous game with some really good concepts, and all kinds of reasons to keep playing and playing long after the main story is over. But I have been spending the last couple of weeks deeply entrenched in Fallout 3, and THAT is the game that is deserving of the higher sales. I do think Fable 2 will be the highest selling exclusive RPG on the 360, but not of the whole generation.

It's not just you.

my goodnes! I broke the game!!!!! And its not my fault!!! I figured I would beat the boss and get on with having fun and doing other stuff in the world but guess what I had to go an do!!!!!!!! Choose the stupid sacrifice option and now I have no dog!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell!!!! Why would some one make a game with a key game play element and then because you choose to do whats considered a 'good' thing within the game you pay the ultimate price of loosing one of the games main features!!!

This is the deception the game created: As I flee from blood stone 'aparently' the bad guy are running through the city killing every one and bombing the city etc. So I escape, and then some how manage to kill lucien in one shot... what on earth, nintendo would never stand for a boss kill that easily!!! I was waiting for a seccond boss or a third boss, I thought that shard thing was just a warm up! COME ON!!!!! your telling me that was the final boss battle??? Any way, when I was presented with the finaly 3 options I thought long and hard, and this is the conclusion I come with. "they are bluffing! they wont take my dog away from me!" what game in the history of games stops you from using one of the games key elements after you beat the boss? So I figured that all the good I had done would pay off and that magic chick would bring my dog and family back because I was so selfless. but no, I get a stupid statue... I was tricked into trading my dog for a statue! I also thought that blood stone would be destroyed and that my wish was bringing back thoes people who died but really it only brought back imaginary people who have jack all to do with anything!!!!

Thank you microsoft and lion head for wrecking my gaming experience, I was going to spend many more hours on your game but now you cut me short! I looked all over google and there is no way to get your dog back! :'( I went to bed that night feeling very disapointed, almost like I had lost a good friend.

that poor dog (I named him johnsen), when he was scared I cared for him, and when he got injured from being hard core I would heal him, and if some one kicked him my sword would show my disapreciation! he used to help me find treasures and my wifes would play with him. Come on microsoft!

I'll tell you what its like. Its like your parents giving you a really cool toy for your birthday, like one of thoes roboraptors or some sort of pretend animal that does stuff. And then you say, "dad, I love this toy so much, thank you for it, I want to do extra chores for you know" and your dad turns around and says "Ok son, you did something selfless so were throwing your new awesome toy away" like what the hell!!!

Microsoft why dont you take my boost off me in burn out or take away my ability to climb walls in Assasins creed, why dont you take navi away form link while your at it... how about you just take away my 360 all together!!! next time I'll just give you $90 and you can save me the trouble of wasting my time on a game your going to wreck for me when I beat it.

I am not going to play through that game again just to get my dog back, I put to much effort into this file :( Its going on the shelf.

I'm now with you Angel.Of.War. Very disapointed in Fable2. Good game to the end, then its just pointless if you choose the wrong wish.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

That's sorta your own fault for picking the option that left your dog dead. >:D

CIHYFS?