By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz says Little Big Planet sold 1.3 million-- oh noes! Did I win my bet?

makingmusic476 said:
JaggedSac said:
ssj12 said:
guys they misquoted. i just called sony's pr department in the usa. he said playing online. his speech was about the psn. what would sold copies have anything to do about the psn since it isnt sold on the ps store like warhawk and socom. 1.3m users online. end of story. vgc did not overtrack.

Let me get the number.

He does have such contacts through his work with VGChartz.

However, he does occasionally use said contacts as "proof" for false claims.

Or the time his "contacts" told him the bronze PSP was made of real bronze.

That was a good one.

Still, i believe him.

Of course the real question is... does the US PR guy even know?

Usually the PR guys are clueless that aren't from the same branch.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
So... Can I get some "I'm sorry DMJ" from some people?

I said they said played, and meant online, and *gasp* I was correct.

Hrm...

No.  The way you arrived at your conclusion was still assinine.

If i were to say I would win the lottery tommorrow... and i reasoned this because I had wore my lucky shirt...

I'd still be wrong for assuming it.

Horrible analogy, try again.

Not at all... you took the word of one site over the word of many... just because it's what you wanted to be true.

If 9 out of 10 dentists agree that one toothpaste is better then the other...

the only reason you are agreeing with the 10th guy is your own hopes.

Actually, only two gaming sites live-blogged the event, and I swear to you, that Gamespot during the liveblog said 'played/playing', but when it was over, they had an article on the blog that said sold.  And IGN confirms that with saying 'playing'.  Engadget didn't even mention it, and I don't think anyone else liveblogged it. 

So 2/3 people agreed with me, and now only 1/3 agree with me, while 1/3 doesn't, and 1/3 doesn't mention it. 

Hardly a ten percent chance of being right, more like a 33 percent - 66 percent chance of being right.

I have Googled it and there are tons and tons of different sites that say sales. It is almost impossible that it was misquoted. He could have misspoken though.

Is this a political thread? so.... much.... damage control... so.... much ......spin. Sony would be proud. It appears they have taught their fans how to spin too. ......... meltdowns....... One thing is for sure. LBP is the best game ........ for creating arguments and disagreements. It's come to something when the whole point of someone's argument is literally ONE word.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

JaggedSac said:
I have Googled it and there are tons and tons of different sites that say sales. It is almost impossible that it was misquoted. He could have misspoken though.

That too.

I just said that 'playing/played' was said, which IGN confirms, and Gamespot did confirm.  I defended my argument with a beautiful link.

Around the Network

I find it funny, how much damage control went into this thread by one user alone. Anyways I just got a funcy new psp, going to test it out.

Also 1.3 million isn't bad, anyone who says it is bad should really go outside.

WOW!!!!
AMAZING NEW!!!

LBP is a HUGE bomb....confirmed by sony.

Thanks Kaz

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Hrm...

If i were to say I would win the lottery tommorrow... and i reasoned this because I had wore my lucky shirt...

Not at all... you took the word of one site over the word of many... just because it's what you wanted to be true.

Actually, only two gaming sites live-blogged the event, and I swear to you, that Gamespot during the liveblog said 'played/playing', but when it was over, they had an article on the blog that said sold.  And IGN confirms that with saying 'playing'.  Engadget didn't even mention it, and I don't think anyone else liveblogged it. 

So 2/3 people agreed with me, and now only 1/3 agree with me, while 1/3 doesn't, and 1/3 doesn't mention it. 

Hardly a ten percent chance of being right, more like a 33 percent - 66 percent chance of being right.

So why did everyone quote gamespot and not IGN then?

Just because you didn't liveblog.  It doesn't mean you weren't there

Also... i just don't believe you about Gamespot.

It's not beyond you to make it up. 

Your someone who's actually admitted that your enjoyment of games is affected by sales. 

LBP sold 305K in UK alone....320K in NA (Nov + Oct).....& 80K in Japan (by begining of dec) -- these numbers are from GFK, NPD & famitsu respectively

so acc. to those numbers LBP sales = 700k +

WITHOUt including....Mainland EU sales, WITHOUT including NA December sales & without including Japan December sales

Do the math....it seems unlikely LBP is at ONLY 1.3 milllion right now

Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Hrm...

So why did everyone quote gamespot and not IGN then?

Also... i just don't believe you about Gamespot.

It's not beyond you to make it up. 

Your someone who's actually admitted that your enjoyment of games is affected by sales. 

That's your perogative.

I said that enjoyment of games is affected by sales, but I never said I'd lie to myself so that I can enjoy a game.