By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii stronger than the original Xbox, if so..

i believe Wii is powerful enough to produce graphics like the Xbox but screenshots is not a way to compare graphics but videos is more reliable!

Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid and Conduit look awesome in motion

why don't you post videos of Xbox games so we can compare?

also, we should compare Xbox graphics two years after it's release, not now

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Guess what, Star Wars Rebel Strike for the GC, the best looking title last-gen.

And seriously, there is a lot of games better-looking than those posted:

Haunting Ground for PS2.

Just wanted to add a few screenies :p

Check out my game about moles ^

@Staude

While not to the same level as games like the Resident Evil Remake, the nature of gameplay from God of War allowed developers to "Cheat" quite a bit and focus most of the resources of the PS2 to the visuals. With that said, being that the Gamecube was noticeably more powerful than the PS2 and the Wii is noticeably more powerful than the Gamecube, games like God of War and Shadow of the Colossus are also very good demonstrations of how visually impressive some Wii games could be ...

and a lovely game crying "buy me" : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Staude said:
haxxiy said:

Guess what, Star Wars Rebel Strike for the GC, the best looking title last-gen.

And seriously, there is a lot of games better-looking than those posted:

Haunting Ground for PS2.

Just wanted to add a few screenies :p

TBH Rouge Squadron has more going on the technical level and to me more visually pleasing (but thats a matter of opinion) the guys a Santa Monica are great at making something look good with their limits of the tech, like having the camera on rails is both a good choice for the type of game and a way to get more out of the PS2 because it doesn't have to render everything around you just what's in front of you, which allows for a few more polygons and such.

OT: I don't see the huge debate RE4 (which looks better then ANY Xbox game I've yet to see one that matches it) still looks amazing by our standards now the Wii can run it no problem and someone eventually will get it through their skull that you can make a game that looks better then that on Wii...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

@Staude

While not to the same level as games like the Resident Evil Remake, the nature of gameplay from God of War allowed developers to "Cheat" quite a bit and focus most of the resources of the PS2 to the visuals. With that said, being that the Gamecube was noticeably more powerful than the PS2 and the Wii is noticeably more powerful than the Gamecube, games like God of War and Shadow of the Colossus are also very good demonstrations of how visually impressive some Wii games could be ...

nice way to put it, yes if developers focus on the strengths of the console and used some of the tricks much like Stana Monica team did then it would be quite easy to make a visually impressive Wii game.  The Wii can never compare in tech but you can still make it visually impressive and something people will enjoy.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Groucho said:

Wii devs need to focus on making games that are more "cartoony", are cel-shaded, or have more distinctive art styles, as kutasek mentioned above.

It doesn't even matter if the Wii's GPU can outperform the original XBox's GPU in some regards, or not in others. What matters is that user perceptions and expectations have changed.

Wii games shouldn't target "realistic"... ever.

Indeed. PS1 and PS2 shouldn't have either...

So this is the thread where I can post bullshots ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

the wii had yet to be pushed to its limits by anyone yet. big name titles are getting better though. mario galaxy was pretty nice looking and im pretty impressed by the speed and look of sonic unleashed for wii too.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

the wii is 2 times stronger than the gamecube, that means the wii is capable of outdoing the best looking gamecube game twice, that would be twlilight princess and RE4 times 2 and no game in wii, not even galaxy has done it