By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most Stupid thing you've heard

LBP will be Huge

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
"Can I reserve God of War III/Killzone2/Final Fantasy Versus XII for 360?"
"Can I buy Mario for PS2?"
"Can I buy Halo 3 for PS3?"
you guys have no idea how often questions like these come up in retail. So stupid as well as annoying....

Is that parents coming in buying for their kids or console owners asking?  I believe one has to be patient with people buying gifts for other people.  However, if you happened to have bought a console, you should of invested the time to find out basic things like what exclusives are on a given system.

Ok, on the parent thing, the kids who on the console should be smart enough to know what to tell their parents.

Anyhow, under the dumb things people do, I know someone who was complaining their Playstation (original) stopped playing games.  I was curious what was up.  Some games would work.  So, I check the disks.  Apparently the kids decided licking the read part of the disks was a cool idea.  Blammo, games didn't work.

theRepublic said:

To sum up this thread:

CrazzyMan predicts that the PS3 will average sales of 20 million units for the next 4 years.

For comparison: The Wii is currently selling at roughly 20 million units a year.

321tttrini4everz predicts that the PS3 will average sales of 16 to 20 million units for the next 4 years.

Alby_da_Wolf predicts that the PS3 will average sales of 16 million units for the next 5 years.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will average sales of 15 million units for the next 8 years.

For comparison: The PS2 sold at about 16 million units a year during its generation.

This is a summary of the crazzy predictions from CrazzyMan's thread.

Did CrazzyMan give himself that name or was it feverishly imposed upon him? Either way he's aptly named.

Someone said "The Wii is innovative" in a thread called "The most Stupid thing you've heard"

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
Someone said "The Wii is innovative" in a thread called "The most Stupid thing you've heard"

We have a winner.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

People (on all three sides of the Great Console War of the Early 21st Century) that use the line "X cares about their fans because of their loyalty; they won't let us down."  This is where fanboyism goes from kinda cute in a "ahhh, I remember how much I loved Nintendo back when I was 10 and SNES-vrs-Genesis led to fist fights on the playground" way to a "what is wrong with this people" way.  One side uses this argument particularly often, but all three sides do at times.  Yes, they would let you down in a second if it would make them more money.

And just to make sure I don't sound too anti-corporation, let me also say that consumers are more than willing to abandon big companies when even the slightest thing goes wrong.  But no, random Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo fan, that company doesn't really care about you or even know who you are.

Second (sorry, I can't resist) has to be "$600 is not too much".  Even $300 is too much for the vast majority of the population, and the remaining minority is going to buy your product anyway because we like shiny new toys.  But video game companies don't make money by selling JRPGs to nerds. Last time I checked, the DS is killing ALL of the consoles, even the Wii.

TheNino85 said:

Last time I checked, the DS is killing ALL of the consoles, even the Wii.

Right now, the DS is ahead, but if we align sales from launch...

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=DS&reg3=All&weeks=218

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

This loser once told me Bruce Campbell was a bad actor.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Stupidest thing ive heard?..

MGS4 on 360.

Things which I've heard people say/seen them post on various websites, or the general gist of what they are saying:

"The PS3 is a PS2 with a Blu-ray player"-

"The PS3 is doomed" (many variations)-

"Killzone is mediocre, Killzone 2 is overhyped!"

"Killzone 2 won't sell as well as Resistance 2"

And of course:

"60 million Wiis by the end of 2008" (lol)

"GTA IV will kill the Wii!" (loller)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective