By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Forum! All online gaming threads in one place!

lol I was fairly confused when I went to click on the Off Topic forum and this came up (I soon realized it was a new forum :O)

Anway great idea there was alot of those online threads

Around the Network

thanks, this will help a lot

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

could we have 3 sub forums , good idea but it's pretty cluttered.

Is it possible to have Online threads that you've contributed to appear on the front page for you only? For example, if I've contributed to the Animal Crossing thread, it would appear on the front page for me when updated, but not for those who don't participate in it?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Great idea, but some of the taglines under the forum titles (particularly PC Discussion) may need to be changed in light of this forum's existence.

Edit: Also, this forum's title doesn't fit the standard nomenclature of "xxx Discussion" that the other forum titles follow.

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

Around the Network

I suppose the Steam and XFire threads should be moved as well, though I know no new guys are going to check the online forums for these things:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14105

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14104

This is a great idea! It was a good decision to add the forum. :D

Ok, so if you have to get mod approval, shouldn't we make thread creation off limit and just have the mods move them into this forum if they are worthy?

I mean, these two started right up, and I don't think they fall within your guidelines for threads. (maybe I'm wrong)

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55869

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55903

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Dogs Rule said:
Great idea.

It will make starting leagues a little harder since attaining critical mass basically requires being bumped on one of the 3 console forums. Will we be allowed to create a new league here, but have a new league announcement thread in one of the 3 console forums for a few days (not stickied), which would refer to the official league thread in here.

Example: I start a Resistance 2 league here, but no one who has R2 bothers to check this forum, so the thread doesn't get bumped and gets no visibility (since people will mostly only consult the leagues they are in). Could I then start a "Resistance 2 league accepting recruits" that redirects to the official league thread here? You guys could have a rule that such announcement threads get locked after a week.

that really shouldn't be necessary. They may not be under the platform forum sections, but the threads still go to the front page (at least with the filter set to all).

So all you really need to do, is pm the guys who are interested and then once people start posting it will be on the front page whenenver the league chats/updates/whatever.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

a very goog idea