By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 17 WORST Games of 2008

Sonic Unleashed may not be a great game...but it's certainly far from being one of the worst games of 2008.

I can say the same to Wii Music.

Around the Network

Wii Music should not be in the top 100 worst games IMO.

Bus Simulator 2008... wow... I'm kinda interested... I like to say "hey I've played one of the worst games ever made" it's the kind of thing where people want to play Atari's ET just to see how awful it really is...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Bus Simulator 2008... wow... I'm kinda interested... I like to say "hey I've played one of the worst games ever made" it's the kind of thing where people want to play Atari's ET just to see how awful it really is...

No really you dont want to play atari's ET.  that game was terrible.  It was like i would be walking around with no freakn point to it and fall into a hole.  There was no point it whatsoever it was no fun at all. I mean there are games so bad that you cant help but laugh.  with ET the game was so bad that you be WTF is this shit type after 5 mins.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Strongly disagree with wii music, castlevania judgement and sonic unleashed being on there.

Wii music isn't a bad game. It simply doesn't comform to gamers stereotype of what a typical game is. It's still very well made. It's funny that gamers who always complain about the industry being victimized are so quick to attack games that aren't exactly as we expect them to be.

Castlevania judgement is a fine beat em up. He is just annoyed it wasn't a full castlevania game.

Sonic unleashed wasn't great but putting it in a list with homie rollerz is just crazy.

Seems slightly odd to also have facebreaker on the list. There are much worse games.

I actually also will take issue with imagine wedding designer being on the list with part of the reason being it is vaguely sexist. How exactly is it sexist? =/ A fair percentage of girls like weddings, why not make a game for it? If that's sexist surely games like gears of war, killzone are also sexist for being marketed to boys and assuming they like fighting. They aren't saying everyone in the gender does, just that there is clearly a market there.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
Phendrana said:

Wii Music gets bashed way more than it deserves. I enjoy it and the 8 people I've shown it to enjoy it. Lots of people here like it. Even with all the hate it gets, it still has a 63 on metacritic. I'm not one for averaged scores, but that's the highest rated game on the list by a good bit next to the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed (the closest is 58, most of the rest are 53 or lower). Methinks it's just fashionable in certain circles to hate on it.

I agree with that analysis... It is just cool to hate on WiiMusic. Also, for Sonic Unleased if they were referring to the HD versions, I can see. But the Wii version is better. I really know nothing about castlevania judgement. And Lol at Alone in the Dark... that game phailed at every level.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
Phendrana said:

Wii Music gets bashed way more than it deserves. I enjoy it and the 8 people I've shown it to enjoy it. Lots of people here like it. Even with all the hate it gets, it still has a 63 on metacritic. I'm not one for averaged scores, but that's the highest rated game on the list by a good bit next to the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed (the closest is 58, most of the rest are 53 or lower). Methinks it's just fashionable in certain circles to hate on it.

I agree with that analysis... It is just cool to hate on WiiMusic. Also, for Sonic Unleased if they were referring to the HD versions, I can see. But the Wii version is better. I really know nothing about castlevania judgement. And Lol at Alone in the Dark... that game phailed at every level.

Explain to me why the Sonic unleashed for HD consoles is worse than the wii? I have both games and Werehog controls are cooler on the wii but its missing levels and looks like ass on a 1080p TV. Id call them tied and thats being generous to the Wii version...

Did you actually play them and if so what is your gripe with the HD Unleashed? Or are you just jumping on the reviewer bandwagon of bashing the HD sonic...

disolitude said:
bigjon said:
Phendrana said:

Explain to me why the Sonic unleashed for HD consoles is worse than the wii? I have both games and Werehog controls are cooler on the wii but its missing levels and looks like ass on a 1080p TV. Id call them tied and thats being generous to the Wii version...

Did you actually play them and if so what is your gripe with the HD Unleashed? Or are you just jumping on the reviewer bandwagon of bashing the HD sonic...

I have played the Wii version and it was good, not great my any means, but not anywhere close to making a 17 worst of the year list. I have not played the HD version I was assuming since the version I have played is solid they must have been refferring to the HD version which seems to get more crap around here too.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Target Terror looks so fukn old school it might actually be kitch cool.

Anyone played it ?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Wii Music, are you saying me and the other 5 millions who are going to own the game are child trying to make rhythm? how dare you!

also, for the sake of god, castlevania judgment is GREAT!!

no comment about Sonic Unleashed....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^