By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy ever overtake Halo 3 sales worldwide?

Two massive system sellers for their prospective platforms. Super Mario Galaxy and Halo 3. Both instantly recognisable games for Wii and Xbox360. I have noticed that, although being initially behind Halo 3 in sales, going by the VGC million sellers list, SMG is catching Halo 3 in LTD sales by roughly 20k a week, slightly more in holiday weeks. Do the people on this site think at some stage it can catch and pass Halo 3 sales and if so, when?

Also, Japanese gamers don't appear to have taken SMG to their hearts. It is crawling slowly to 1m. When do you think it will finally get there? My bet is in approximately 6 weeks.

All in all i foresee a tremendous battle sales-wise worldwide between SMG and Halo 3.....

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Based on userbase alone, I think SMG will pull ahead of Halo 3 by at least a million units after both titles are done selling.

Just my observation

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Yes, most definitely.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

They are both iconic games for their respective platforms but i think Xbox360 sells more % hardware by their market share compared to Nintendo. That's why i find it so interesting. Galaxy hasn't quite made it as one of the Wii's "big hitters" yet but it is slowly climbing the million sellers chart.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

The Mario titles usually have better legs, and it's on the Wii. So yeah.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

i think that halo 3 will stay ahead considering it is leading currently by more than 1 million, but then again with the wii, u never know.

Yes it will.

Has Halo 3 had a price cut by the way?

TWRoO said:
Yes it will.

Has Halo 3 had a price cut by the way?

I was able to buy a new copy for 20 bucks. I think regular price is 40 now, same with Gears of War.

Yep. Looking at the charts, I'd say it's almost guaranteed, although may take some time.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Looking at the most recent million sellers data, Halo 3 has a lead of a million roughly. Also i don't know if bundling of one or other of them will make any difference.