By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy ever overtake Halo 3 sales worldwide?

Good point but i don't think i've even seen a copy of SMG used in any game store. It may be because they get snapped up pretty fast though. I remember an employee telling me once that they can sell used Nintendo games at high prices because Nintendo has a good reputation with consumers. So they can sell it at premium prices(only about £5 less than full priced games) and still they are sold almost straight away.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

At the sales rates provide for both games, SMG will outsell Halo 3 by the end of 2009.

Let's also note that Halo 3 has had a price cut while SMG has not.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Super Mario Galaxy all the way.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

TWRoO said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
And for your other question, I think SMG will take waaaay longer than six weeks to make it to a million in Japan. If I remember correctly, it is at 992k something, selling about one k last week. After the holidays though, this number will fall sharply (it was way lower before the holidays) so I'd go as far and say it may take 25 weeks.

It' at 992,810 and sold 1,623 for the week ending 28th Dec.

It will however go up next week because Japan sales stay high for the first week in January, then it will fall.

So 992,810 + 1,900 ish = 994,710

then add 1,000 for the week after, followed by a few weeks averaging 500.

So yes, it won't make it in 6 weeks, but it could do it in under 10 weeks, and will have certainly made it by 15 weeks

We were so wrong. Actually, it happened already last week.

It seems SMG received an upwards adjustment in Japan. It's total sales are now at 1,015,123 in Japan after having sold 7,234 this week. So it definitely had an awesome week, and it was selling quite a bit better during the holidays than we thought.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

^Well I wasn't factoring in adjustments.... I usually make a note to say so in comparisons like that because they mess up everything (check out my 10 week countdown thread.... I closed any changes to predictions about 3-4 days before the huge adjustment for 360 and PS3, thus everyones prediction has been really low for X360, and really high for PS3)

Around the Network

SMG a million seller in Japan confimed? That's wonderful! Wonder if it could crawl to 2!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!