By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony To Close "Major Divisions" Next Month

Well, in the last reported quarter, up to September 30, 2008:

Better than 07, but... ouch. Their next quarter is due to be reported January 16th. And for the record, that's over $420 million in net losses. In ONE QUARTER.

Around the Network

Well if Sony does like most keep suggesting and starts slashing prices left and right they will be discontinuing the PS3.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I'm not sure how slashing prices, and selling at a greater loss will aid their bottomline?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

@magnifier

$420million in losses but that's for the playstation family. I'm wondering how much it is for ps3 alone. I guess they want to hide that number. But shareholders must be inquiring about it.

heruamon said:
Feylic said:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32816/Sony-denies-drastic-cost-cutting

uh ohs for sony haters.

Huh?....

Whats there to huh about, it just says that sony denies that it is going to be cutting major divisions.... which is what this thread is about is it not?

Around the Network

And that's the end? They denied it, I suppose that means it can't be true!

What were you expecting them to do? Acknowledge it?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Feylic said:
heruamon said:
Feylic said:

uh ohs for sony haters.

Huh?....

Whats there to huh about, it just says that sony denies that it is going to be cutting major divisions.... which is what this thread is about is it not?

Did you believe all the crap they fed you the first 2 years as well?  Sony has proven time and time again that they don't have a problem lying to anyone.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Why is there so much hostility to sony denying rumours. When Microsoft denied the rumours that they were laying people off, everyone took it as gospel... I don't get this place...

Feylic said:

uh ohs for sony haters.

You should actually read it carefully. Its a good PR spin if you catch it.

"We do not plan to announce additional restructuring measures at this time," said Sony spokesman Atsuo Omagari. "We don't have any such plan."

From that one phrase alone you know there are major.

I TAKE NO SIDES

People who are in sales thread alot should be use to PR spin and miswording by now. the statements is basically saying they do not plan on announcing in major plan to the public yet. In layman terms They dont have a plan for restrutioning atm, but they do plan on doing major restruction just not plan on announcing it yet.

I TAKE NO SIDES