By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony To Close "Major Divisions" Next Month

magnifier said:

Well, in the last reported quarter, up to September 30, 2008:

(...)

Better than 07, but... ouch. Their next quarter is due to be reported January 16th. And for the record, that's over $420 million in net losses. In ONE QUARTER.

I think it's just Sony Ericsson on the 16th, Sony should be at the end of the month but I don't think they announced a date yet.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/info/calendar/index.html

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Feylic said:
Why is there so much hostility to sony denying rumours. When Microsoft denied the rumours that they were laying people off, everyone took it as gospel... I don't get this place...

It wasn't Microsoft's denial that proved those rumours false, it was when people proved the blogs had no sources of any relevance. (and that they were just blogs, not a professional business newspaper).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Feylic said:
Why is there so much hostility to sony denying rumours. When Microsoft denied the rumours that they were laying people off, everyone took it as gospel... I don't get this place...

It wasn't Microsoft's denial that proved those rumours false, it was when people proved the blogs had no sources of any relevance. (and that they were just blogs, not a professional business newspaper).

But it is on the Intertubes, it must be true!!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Khuutra said:
ahcheng said:

If this is true

MS win this gen console for sure FTW

This is a terrible rumor regardless of what kind of "fanboy" you are.

How do you figure? It would just mean all the good games coming out on PS3 would have a better chance of being ported to the 360 later.

@kowenicki..... its another article were there is haigh chances its fake. i laughed cause i dont see this as being news.

Around the Network

The fanboy wars would end. I just can't picture Wii and 360 fans arguing.

But what if this news is true?

msnolp said:

It's not, this thread should be closed since they announced at CES that it wasn't true.

Smashed said:
msnolp said:

It's not, this thread should be closed since they announced at CES that it wasn't true.

Obviously they are going to deny it but the story was in reuters so it has some credence. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

here we go every1 proof this is a load of rubbish.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/01/rumor_ea_planning_more_layoffs_mobile_division_already_hit-2.html