By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 2009: PC's Best Year EVER (possibly better than all consoles combined)

This will be a stronge stronge year for the PC

Around the Network

Yeah, east india company does seem pretty good. Combat seems alot more fleshed out than sid meirs Pirates! at least. heh.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

There never has been a year where the PC didn't have a better library. There are however catches. There are also times where the consoles big titles outshine the PC.

Console predominant purchasers tend to look at software produced by Console and PC developers. Primarily because they vocally announce there games. The fact is that because there is no authority to stop open game development on a PC and the PC is the best conncent internet device around. It give anyone the opportunity to make a PC game. So the number of game developers for PC is staggering. You could add all the console developers of all time and still be out numbered by the releases coming out on a yearly basis for the PC.

But it's not easy to look. Regardless there are games that are just as fun on the console. It is possible to get away with owning just a console or just a PC, but having a console and a PC offers the best and massive amount of choices all the time. It's a shame that more people don't PConsole a lot more.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

irstupid said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Oooh, a PC fanboy! A rare sight indeed.

Well, I counted 11 games that I've heard of out of all those. This list is even more obscure than the crap some of those Wii fanboys come up with.

Oooh, a Sony fanboy that thinks PC's aren't as good as their bad computer knockoff!  A common sight indeed.

Okey dokey is a sony fanboy?

mM
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:

I never heard of 95% of the games on that list. Best lineup doesnt mean the most games. Just God Of War III Uncharted 2 alone is better than entire PC lineup

You shitting me? Starcraft 2 alone is better than all console games combined, not to mention Empire Total War.

You jest? Super Mario Galaxy 2 alone is better than all other video games combined, not to mention Metroid the other M.

You kid? Halo ODST alone is better than all video and board games combined, not to mention Forza 3.

You cocking around? Game I haven't yet played that I hold in stupidly high regard is better than everything else in existance combined, not to mention this other game.

I think you get my point

----

@ Leo-J... where have you been?

Around the Network

^ I like your point.

Tease.

I'm pretty sure guild wars 2 is coming in 2010

and the following are browser games:
lore: afterwath
fallen empire: legions
Ace of aces

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

No way GW2 is coming 2010 since it's not even near beta yet, and they announced it being delayed alot.

Just have to say that League of Legends is freaking awesome. If you enjoy DotA you are going to love this game, it's going to be incredible.

Currently playing: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3), Comet Crash (PS3), Super Stardust HD (PS3), League of Legends BETA (PC), Heroes of Newerth BETA (PC)

Finished recently: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

dude, listing Free games on PC is just a cheap way out.
there are too many free games on PC.

btw those games look great nonetheless, its good to be a PC gamer anytime of the year... only if you have a good computer that is -_-;

Well, I must be honest here.

I can count the number of games I've even heard of, let alone seen, in the single digits, and I consider myself pretty up to date in the gaming world, if anything this is bad news for the PC game industry because there are hundreds of games most people don't even know exist.

Also don't count on Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3 releasing in 2009.