By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 2009: PC's Best Year EVER (possibly better than all consoles combined)

And yet Diablo 3 remains on the list...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Still the definitive gaming platform for me. Lots of promising RPG and FPS titles!

Yeah blueberry garden looks sick.

Anyways I'd rather play my PS3 or 360 then PC any day. The only game I want for PC is the Sims 3

Added 4 more games:

Football Manager Live

Now fans can play their favorite football game in a live online game environment. Users set up competitions, get updates via email and text, and each victory is rewarded with World Ranking points, which are generated by an algorithm that is intended to treat each player fairly, not just reward those who spend the most time online. Fans can even create custom leagues and cups via ad-hoc and can invite other players to participate by using a chat room.

Spore Galactic Adventures

Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with the first Spore level expansion pack. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions.This add-on allows players to beam down to planets, play mission-based adventures and even create their own customized adventures for the first time. Each adventure has a unique reward to upgrade a space creature with special accessories -- from an Energy Blade and Stunning Charm to a Jump Jet and more. Players can fight their way to victory as a Warrior, dance with new friends as a Bard, and much more. A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

Metal Drift

Metal Drift is a team-based online vehicular combat game featuring drift-tanks that battle it out in a futuristic arena setting. The game features 56 different tank configurations with various weapon and upgrade selections to choose from, as well as 5 different arenas, each with their own racing lines and boost tunnels. In addition, the drift-tanks have a unique energy system that allows the pilot to direct acquired energy into a speed boost or to power up weapons for extra damage.

Zero Gear

A physics-fueled multiplayer kart combat game

jingho said:
most of these games are plain trash,and the sales cant compete against console games

Totally agree, another reason why I left PC gaming.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
jingho said:
most of these games are plain trash,and the sales cant compete against console games

Totally agree, another reason why I left PC gaming.

because you played them, right?? Small developers can make great games. It's as if you were dismissing games like Sins of a Solar Empire and Audiosurf just because they're from small developers.

Fallen Empire: Legions and Ace of Aces weren't 2009 releases...They were 2008.

Otherwise, neat list. I will pick up the King's Bounty expansion.

Also, I believe Book 2 of Eschalon will be coming out this year. I didn't see it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

my poor graphics card :\ those games look like they'll need a minimum of nVidia9000 series. (except crayola)

Orca - 4 of the games are made for the company I work for.

Ace of Aces
Fallen Empire: Legions
Lore: Aftermath
Metal Drift

All will be rather low on requirements....They're all made for the gaming website www.InstantAction.com - a browser based gaming site with robust features. Everyone should check it out

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The only game in that list I'll probably buy first day is The Sims 3.