By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 2009: PC's Best Year EVER (possibly better than all consoles combined)

Added some more games, marking the return of 2 of the oldest adventure series:

Venture Dinosauria

Dinosaurs live in our collective imagination as the end of things - the crumbling bone, the violently deceased.  We imagine flesh ripped from scales and meteors scarring the earth.  Through dinosaurs we imagine our own extinction - grey, dusty, lifeless.

If you were to look to the sky a year before the meteor came hurtling from the sky, what would you see?
If you were to peer through the foliage, would you notice the teeming life in the valley beyond?

Venture Dinosauria is about the chaos and color of life on Earth in the first days of flowers, in the last days of lizards.

FEIST

Unique puzzle platformer, which was awarded Best Overall Game and Best Visual Design at the Unity Awards 2008.

Simon the Sorcerer 5

Simon the Sorcerer 5 sends adventurers to a futuristic game world, in which they experience a turbulent backward journey through history in order to help Simon to recover his memory. Adventure fans will meet again many old acquaintances from earlier Simon the Sorcerer games and encounter fantastic vehicles like steam-powered space ships in the imaginative alternative universe. The innovative puzzle design demands a new approach to solving the missions even from experienced adventurers. The ambitious point & click adventure is rounded off by its crazy sense of humor and a dense story full of twists and turns.

Legends of Zork

The Great Underground Empire has recently fallen and the land is in disarray. The Royal Treasury has been sacked. The stock market has collapsed, leading even mighty FrobozzCo International to fire employees from throughout its subsidiaries. A craze of treasure-hunting has swept through the remnants of the Great Underground Empire. The New Zork Times reports that trolls, kobolds and other dangerous creatures are venturing far from their lairs. Adventurers and monsters are increasingly coming into conflict over areas rich with loot. It's a dangerous time to be a newly-unemployed traveling salesman, but it's also a great time to try a bit of adventuring.

Legends of Zork provides online gamers with a persistent online adventure, playable from any Internet browser. Players take up the role of a recently laid-off salesman and part-time loot-gatherer, as he explores the Great Underground Empire.

Around the Network

Oh man, I thought that was actually a new Zork for a moment there. I'll have to give it a shot at some point anyway.

Has anyone seen English releases of Simon the Sorcerer 4? If Silver Style entertainment are in charge of 5, I doubt we'll see it 'till 2010.

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

eh, gonna take a lot more to get me to be a pc gamer. on the other side though, it is gonna be a great year for pc's. a lot of my friends of pumped for it

Damn. I REALLY REALLY need to upgrade my computer.

I wonder how many of these titles will play under Windows 7 if it launches this year...

bardicverse said:

I wonder how many of these titles will play under Windows 7 if it launches this year...

All of them?

Around the Network
shio said:
bardicverse said:

All of them?

You think that as long as they're made compatible with Vista they should seamlessly work with Windows 7, or do you think they'll target specific dev for Windows 7?

most of the games looks good but at the wrong place.i mean some of them would be better on a Ds or a PSP or a 360 etc.,but nontheless there are some great pc games but not so very famous.

bardicverse said:
shio said:
bardicverse said:

All of them?

You think that as long as they're made compatible with Vista they should seamlessly work with Windows 7, or do you think they'll target specific dev for Windows 7?

Windows 7 is just an upgraded version of Vista, and any game that works on Vista will work even better on Windows 7.

joehok.gr said:
most of the games looks good but at the wrong place.i mean some of them would be better on a Ds or a PSP or a 360 etc.,but nontheless there are some great pc games but not so very famous.

The reason they're on PC is that it's much more expensive for indie developers to make games on consoles/handhelds.

shio said:
bardicverse said:
shio said:
bardicverse said:

All of them?

Windows 7 is just an upgraded version of Vista, and any game that works on Vista will work even better on Windows 7.

While its the same source code core, I remain skeptical that it will be that smooth of a transition. Would be great if it is. Our dev team has yet to really focus on that element, with the engine we're using for our PC game. The engine works on Vista, so it SHOULD be ok, but again, I come into Windows 7 with a guarded approach.