By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii

MontanaHatchet said:
noname2200 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

It's imagery, unless you really think that a million people responded to my comment (it was actually 4). Not that I'd mind this thread going off topic, since it wasn't a very good one in the first place. But if there were really so many responses to just my one quick comment, it makes you wonder.

I guess I should apologize. Sorry. I'm in a bad mood, and I should be the last person to act like an elitist (I spent most of my time trying to fight people like that). Again, my apologies. Didn't want to ruin the thread.

I'm sorry too. My usual prick-ness came out stronger than it should have, and I've no excuse for it. So my apologies.

Around the Network

No, I'm saying sorry! I get the last word

Nah, because I'm going to address the issue at hand.

If there's no way to say which has the best lineup in an objective way, there logically cannot be a statement that claims that this statement is necessarily untrue. Your post was simply incorrect, by your own logic. QED.

And I'm not a fanboy, I'm just all for different perspectives being able to speak out and the attempt to quell someone who sees the Wii's lineup as the best is disturbing to me.

he says he doesn't like madworld but he had fun with dead rising? They have the sane principle.

he also says that punch out isn't good but fight night is?

and why did he not mention games like NMH, okami, de blob etc.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

xcot said:
he says he doesn't like madworld but he had fun with dead rising? They have the sane principle.

he also says that punch out isn't good but fight night is?

and why did he not mention games like NMH, okami, de blob etc.

Nah, Madworld is looking to be quite different from Dead Rising. The former seems to be an even more stylized and violent version of No More Heroes, whereas the latter is about having the best time in a mall that's humanly possible. Dead Rising's charm lies in the fact that you're mowing down (sometimes literally) hundreds of zombies in minutes using everyday objects, an experience that I don't think anyone else has yet replicated.

Punch-Out! is miles better than Fight Night, but they're also radically different experiences. Fight Night is going for the sim feel, while Punch-Out! doesn't even pretend to be anything but a dorky arcade game (which is precisely why it's awesome).If you're looking for a more realistic boxing game, Punch-Out! isn't even in the running.

Can't answer your last question, though.

Around the Network

Cool, a thread linking to a Wii-hate article, turning the topic to people apologizing to each other... now THAT'S class! :D

wii's lineup in 2009 is already great and we still don't know what's coming from many studios, including Nintendo.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Just like Zucas, I found the article not that bad. But it fails in hiding his real desire. Now that he is sold his Wii he wants to see it as an "only casuals console". But the fact is that
the Wii is for everyone, including the hardcore. And he will love to see the 360 becoming the "hardcore only" console.

"Thus, I urge any hardcore gamer who is still hanging on to his/her Wii to go ahead and sell it now while you have the chance."

If every hardcore gamer would follow his advice, then we will have a black and white gaming market. But the fact of the matter is that even the 360 is home of plenty of casual games.

As a kind of hardcore gamer myself, I see the 360 and even the PS3 as a complement, but not replacement of the Wii.

He will regret his decision and end up renting future great Wii games to play them in his uncle house.

Phoenix_34 said:
Why not just buy ANOTHER console, instead of selling one for another? This I never understood: Whats the point in selling the Wii? Is $250 really going to make you that much richer? What are you gonna do the day a great game for the Wii gets released? I own a ps3 and wii and Im very happy playing/switching between both Call of Duty and No More Heroes every other day.

Yea theres a slight drought for the Wii right now, but for crying out loud, if you owned a gamecube or a xbox, which had droughts for YEARS, this shouldn't even faze you.

Some of us aren't rich. Leaving graduate school with $180,000 in loans I have to start paying off soon and trying to enter the wonderful world of freelancing in the middle of a recession, an extra $250 to $400 or more (really, this is very much on the low end even if you don't go peripherals because of sales tax on such a large item) plus $50 or $60 a game, say 5 or 6 games a year, is not a habit I can afford. One system, maybe. Two systems? It's called living within your mens. I know it's considered unamerican, but hey, considering the times we live in, we as a country really should start getting used to it.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

"MadWorld (Meh. I'm not a beat-em-up kind of guy), The Conduit (I'm a 360 owner. I have no need for a good FPS), Wii Sports Resort (Great for the family, lame for single-player), Punch-Out (the original isn't really that fun for me, I don't see how this would be), and Sin and Punishment 2 (loved the original but worth $50? I'm not so sure)."

What a waste of time this childish trite turned out to be.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.