By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LOTR Conquest Sales

I was just wondering how well everyone here thinks conquest will sell. I mean it has quite a few things going for it. a) Its LOTR and that is enough to get me on board, being a huge fan of the books and films b) It is the spiritual successor to Battlefront which also has a huge fanbase. Wouldn't these factors alone get it a large opening week. I mean its top every pre-order chart I've seen. 

It is however January and that could work against it.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

Around the Network

I don't know... let me download the demo and see :p

Its my sleeper pick, I think it will breeze past 1 mil. 4 million sales combined.

Battlefront II sold 3.25 million on PS2, 1.86 million on Xbox

Lord of The Rings 3 sold just under 3 million on PS2, 830k on Xbox.

I'm going to predict:

PS3: 2.5 million
X360: 2 million

That's right, I think it'll sell better on PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It is not particularly very good based on the demo.

Around the Network

I really loved that RPG of LotR they made on the PS2, I want another one :P

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I think

1.7 mill PS3

2.9 mill 360

Naum said:
I really loved that RPG of LotR they made on the PS2, I want another one :P

Third Age?  It was decent.

It has potential. We'll have to see how big the LOTR license still is. Now that the movies are done and out of people's minds, I'm curious to see what kind of success it will have.

student said:
It has potential. We'll have to see how big the LOTR license still is. Now that the movies are done and out of people's minds, I'm curious to see what kind of success it will have.

The Hobbit(2 parter) is coming out soon with del Toro at the helm.