By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Neos joined the dark side.

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
it says, this lcd supports its maximum resolution in 1080i

720p and 1080i?

Normally on a 1080i set, you can still use 720p.

And in either case, you can still use either HDMI or Componet cables for a better picture than 480i.

ya 720p and 1080i, but not 1080p

So should i buy HDMI or component?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Number of People to get PS3s in the last Week-
-Barozi
-Onyxmouth
-Neos

Yay! Our ranks are growing!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

720p and 1080i?

And in either case, you can still use either HDMI or Componet cables for a better picture than 480i.

Either or.

PS3 Component cables are like 20 bucks, but HDMI cables are like ten. 

So go with HDMI.  And buy them form monoprice or some other online retailer.

You will get suckered into buying 100 dollar cables from brick + mortar stores.

forevercloud3000 said:
Number of People to get PS3s in the last Week-
-Barozi
-Onyxmouth
-Neos

Yay! Our ranks are growing!!!

LOL, Onyxmouth.

wait what!?

No way seriously Neos but I expected you to be one of the last people to buy one D:

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

i can't believe this,,,,,,

first it was toasty boy thengarnett,then barozki then ils then onyxmeth(not a big surprise) and now you?

congratz man

get :
MGS4(do what i did for the story watch retrospective for the sotry,,,it will tell you everything you need to know)
uncharted
Resistance 2
motorstorm 2
wipe out HD
lbp(whic you already got)
ratchet and clank

save the rest of the money for 09.

Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

720p and 1080i?

Dont waste your money on HDMI,most games on PS3 are not even really 720p let alone 1080p there isnt 1 full native 1080p game (good looking game i mean)The only game close is GT5p and its like 960 i read,so componet is fine :)

@neo

for MGS4 story watch the MGS retrospective on game trailers,,,they tell you what you need to know for MGS4.

I did this and i understood most of the story.(mgs4 was my first MGS and i loved it,,,,but you have to remember it's mixture of brilliant gameplay with some beautiful /long cut scenes,,,,it's like a new form of entertainment.)

Garnett said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

720p and 1080i?

Dont waste your money on HDMI,most games on PS3 are not even really 720p let alone 1080p there isnt 1 full native 1080p game (good looking game i mean)The only game close is GT5p and its like 960 i read,so componet is fine :)

His TV doesn't support 1080p so I won't respond to your ridiculous claims regarding native resolutions of PS3 games.  By the way, GT5P and Wipeout are incredible looking games at 1080p.  HDMI is cheaper than component cables and he can use it for other components beyond the PS3.  All Blu-ray players are required to down-scale Blu-ray movies to 540p/576p when outputted over analog(component) connections.  If you plan on watching Blu-ray movies at 720p you will need to do it via a HDMI cable.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
Garnett said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

720p and 1080i?

His TV doesn't support 1080p so I won't respond to your ridiculous claims regarding native resolutions of PS3 games. By the way, GT5P and Wipeout are incredible looking games at 1080p. HDMI is cheaper than component cables and he can use it for other components beyond the PS3. All Blu-ray players are required to down-scale Blu-ray movies to 540p/576p when outputted over analog(component) connections. If you plan on watching Blu-ray movies at 720p you will need to do it via a HDMI cable.

GT5 is NOT native 1080p its 960 or something like that,And wipeout HD wow so what it looks like a PS2 game IMO,and i just watched the dark nite on 1080i on a 32 inch TV,how ever if you dont have a 32inch + TV blue ray wont matter or so what iv read..

You got links to sources saying Blue Ray downsizes them to 540?