By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Slim Pre-Order Shortages Begin in Japan

http://kotaku.com/gaming/one-per-person/upcoming-psp-slim-shortages-in-japan-288635.php

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Light blue PSP looks sexy.

As the article says, this is quite normal for most succesful systems like the PSP. The real question will be how large an effect this has long term. Even the PS3 sold out extremely well at launch.

I suspect the PSP's sales will increase, it's just hard to say how much they will increase. The PSP has already donefairly  well, so this will only further it.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Not able to choose the color? Ghey

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I hope sony ships alot of psp's at the least 1 million in japan alone. If not to many shortages would cost gamers to lose interest in the system and buy a ds..

I will buy my white D vader psp the first day it comes out.

mM
Around the Network

Could also be to prevent the crazy "Chinese buying PS3" syndrome that happened at the PS3 launch. These babies should go for a premium on ebay, and like all (?) handhelds they are region free.

PSP gonna get a serious boost from the hardware launch - I don't think people realise how much of a difference it will make.

(no more 2:1, DS:PSP worldwide hardware for sure...) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think this will put the PSP in very tight contision with the Wii this winter, but the Wii will stick slightly ahead. It will probably be like 85k to 70k a week between the two, with the Wii in the lead. It is yet to be seen if FF will turn the PSP numbers up a notch as a lot of games have not succeded on it to this point. Here is to hoping they announce GTP at leipzeg. If that happens I think it could give some help, if they spced the two titles correctly, and I don't mean 4 months apart either. I think dec for FF and Feb for GT would help the PSP and mabye get it rolling just ahead of the wii next year, if only for a short period in time.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I've reserved the Pink version  Matches nicely with my DS Lite and since I've got a tiny crack in the screen of my regular PSP, I thought it was the best moment now to buy a second PSP "after all", as I wasn't planning at first. Normally I'm not into pink at all but the soft color for my handhelds looks really nice. My Japanese PS2 has a Metallic Sakura color, one of the most original colors I've seen for a console. Therefore I don't have the heart right now to throw the PS2 out, despite the fact it's dead 

Edit: I honestly don't know how the crack got there in my PSP screen and I seriously have no idea why my PS2 won't work anymore, just in case people think I like to throw around with my game devices, my PS2 is the very first console which no longer works :D

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

What about the 77777 Crisis Core PSPs . I bet those will be soled out in minutes . There is no doubt that the CC/slim combo in Japan will have a positive effect on Japanese PSP sales , maybe even on the long term :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!