By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why does some people fear/hate the Wii?

because they think their taste is superior than ours, they just don't know some people can have as much fun with the wii than they have with their PS360

Around the Network
im_sneaky said:
In a nutshell, because some people think the dominance of the wii sales-wise will lead to more bad games and less good games. In reality though, its largely because those people dont have wiis and dislike other consoles *winning*

The Wii was my first current gen console. I'm really terrfied that within a few years 75% of the games that come out will be utter tripe. Why would game devs take risks on expensive HD games when they can crap out a flash game port? This is a serious matter that we are dealing with, and you people refuse to acknowledge it. The more influance the Wii has over the industry the more serious this problem becomes.

The game industry is slowly turning into the movie industry....

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Undying said:
im_sneaky said:
In a nutshell, because some people think the dominance of the wii sales-wise will lead to more bad games and less good games. In reality though, its largely because those people dont have wiis and dislike other consoles *winning*

The Wii was my first current gen console. I'm really terrfied that within a few years 75% of the games that come out will be utter tripe. Why would game devs take risks on expensive HD games when they can crap out a flash game port? This is a serious matter that we are dealing with, and you people refuse to acknowledge it. The more influance the Wii has over the industry the more serious this problem becomes.

LOL!! @ the bolded! And i agree with some of it aswell sept i never owned a wii because i knew how it would be.

But yeah, i dont care which of the HD consoles get awesome 3rd party support aslong as they get it over the wii, all in my honest opinion of course.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Undying said:
BoneArk said:
Most hardcore gamers are selfish and they think that they are the only people that are allow to play games.

No. Everyone can play our games. We just don't want OUR games becoming THEIR games. Ya dig?

Agreed, 100% none of our HD games should go to wii in our opinions because then theres a good chance it wont go HD therefore we have a big problem.

Wii games can be good. In fact there are good Wii games, but they are few and far between. The problem is that soon Our games will become Their games. I.E. they will influance what games are made, not us, the gamers.

I really don't want game devs trying to please my mother over me.

Just watch once the Wii has over 50% market share things will start to change.

^^Like all the crap that was released on the PS2?

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Undying said:
im_sneaky said:

LOL!! @ the bolded! And i agree with some of it aswell sept i never owned a wii because i knew how it would be.

But yeah, i dont care which of the HD consoles get awesome 3rd party support aslong as they get it over the wii, all in my honest opinion of course.

Well i stood in line at midnight to get my wii when it was released. Funny story. I was over at my Friends house trying to beat the final boss of FFXII, and i said to him that if i don't beat him i'm gonna go buy a Wii.

well i did not beat him that night so i went to buy a Wii with Zelda TP. Great game BTW.

BoleroOfFire said:
^^Like all the crap that was released on the PS2?

That was a whole different matter, my friend. Now we have a console dedicated to that crap, and its whipping thwe PS3 and 360 in sales every week.

Undying said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Wii games can be good. In fact there are good Wii games, but they are few and far between. The problem is that soon Our games will become Their games. I.E. they will influance what games are made, not us, the gamers.

There's your answer in the bold.  Pure selfishness.  

You know what?  My mother loves Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports, and [watching me play] Twilight princess.  So please devs, continue to make games that please my mother.   

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Undying said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Undying said:
BoneArk said:
Most hardcore gamers are selfish and they think that they are the only people that are allow to play games.

No. Everyone can play our games. We just don't want OUR games becoming THEIR games. Ya dig?

Agreed, 100% none of our HD games should go to wii in our opinions because then theres a good chance it wont go HD therefore we have a big problem.

@Bolded- And thats whats scary. D:

When I was a teenager I went to the movies casually; you know, some friends, pop corn and sodas. Back then all the movies where great.

Later in my college years I watched a lot of different films and became a hardcore movie consumer. And suddenly, there was no movie to watch: all of them were crap! But that was after the Lucas and Spielberg good old days.

Now watching movies is different. Somehow I can enjoy every kind of them. Depending on my mood I can even enjoy a "bad" movie. And I am still a very demanding film watcher.

So maybe the problem with hardcore gamers is that they still are inmature: they are too young and not enough opened minded.

But it doesn't explain the "END OF GAMING AS WE KNOW IT" apocaliptic theory. Because something I do think is that the Nintendo Wii has changed the industry forever, the only thing is that I think it has been in a good way. Or not?