By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone think Sony will pull the plug on the PS3 or PSP?

How many sales does PS3 need till people stop making threads like this? 50 million? 75 million?

Around the Network
WiteoutKing said:
The main concern is that the PS3 may not be a mediocre console, that it may be a downright flop. That won't be determined for another year or so, after its power-hitter titles come out (and they will hit hard). I have no doubt Sony can bounce back from a mediocre console. I'm not so confident they can come back from a botched console attempt.
Have you been looking at it's sales, compared it to last year? It's here to stay pal.

On topic, both the PS3 and PSP are maintaining good sales, maybe not as good as Nintendo, but there is still millions to be made from both systems, its just not logical to pull the plug right now. I predict atleast another 2 years for the PSP, I doubt we will see a new PSP until Christmas 2010 (That is unless there has already been an announcement I missed). And the PS3 will last to 2012 at the very minimum.

WiteoutKing said:
Hus said:
endimion said:
what MS failure ???? i'm not being a fanboy... but 20+ million in what??? 4 years it's not really a failure for a market that jammed when it's your first entry on it...

the RRoD could be the failure... but we'll see that on the long run....

about Sony making money... you realize... that if a RRoD like pb would happen to Sony it could almost put them in the street... they can't afford much more loss...

I don't see Sony pulling the plug.... because I see Sony starting to sell a bit better... but certainly not because they have a solid financial back....

The massive Japan flop and Euro failure, thats what. Also they lost money that whole gen.

See Sony would not design such awful hardware then rush it to market, so theres no if. With the way their other division are doing yahh they can.

This console was brought to you by the company that decided secretly hacking your computer through CDs was "A-OK", don't just assume that the PS3 is without faults. Granted, until or unless it DOES have a major problem, then we can say it's clean. Just don't go saying "OF COURSE it's clean, Sony wouldn't do something so naïve as place an imperfection in their system!"

You do know that Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony BMG are basically different companies, right?  I mean, that's like me blaming the guys working on Windows Vista for the XBox360 RROD problems.

Takashii said:

Look at the Nintendo Wii its $250 its at a good price right now and its selling well because their aren't any competitors going against it right now. But if that PS3 was at $400...Whew it would be a way more competive market than what the Xbox 360 is doing right now against the Wii.

When the PS3 will receive such a dramatic price cut Nintendo will do the same thing and sell the Wii for less than 200$ so your whole point has no validity.