By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flop of 2008?Vote now!

axumblade said:
I won't give a remake for a new system a flop because the game overall has had success so Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Star Ocean: First Departure, and Okami don't work as flops to me.

And also, I don't think that Sonic and Call of Duty can really be reviewed as flops since they probably had lower development costs.

Golden Axe was a really bad sales and really bad ratings. so we'll go with that one. Fracture as well. It was pretty hyped up at the beginning of the year and by the time it came out. Nobody cared. Same with Alone in the Dark. So we'll go with those three because despite the multi-platform release, none of them managed to strike up ANY hype whatsoever.

golden axe i forgot about that.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Esa-Petteri said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"CoD:WaW wii."

Based on what? Sales no one really expected it to have in the first six weeks?

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Call+Of+Duty%3A+World+At+War+++-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Call+of+Duty%3A+World+at+War+-+PS3&reg3=All&game3=Call+of+Duty%3A+World+at+War+-+X360&weeks=100

That is so amusing, no wonder they have to advertise wii version like hell. Just get some money back from that version.

edit:

Considering userbases, that is just sad.

I repeat from my edited comment. Those are NOT WHAT A FLO MEANS.

What the hell is your problem?Let anyone decide on their own what is flop.What gives you right to say what flop is??

If someone thinks its flop,then its flop for him.Maybe it was bad after he tried it.Maybe it didin't sell 8m in 1 week like he thought.Maybe other versions beat it 100-0.

Take my love, take my land..

Supreme Commander and Banjo-Kazooie

"Let anyone decide on their own what is flop."

What makes you think it is a subjective term? Just because people want to bash thing by calling them flops does not make it so. It's the same as labeling people who don't share your political views. Both are still utter bullshit.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Simulacrum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Esa-Petteri said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"CoD:WaW wii."

Based on what? Sales no one really expected it to have in the first six weeks?

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Call+Of+Duty%3A+World+At+War+++-+Wii®2=All&game2=Call+of+Duty%3A+World+at+War+-+PS3®3=All&game3=Call+of+Duty%3A+World+at+War+-+X360&weeks=100

That is so amusing, no wonder they have to advertise wii version like hell. Just get some money back from that version.

edit:

Considering userbases, that is just sad.

I repeat from my edited comment. Those are NOT WHAT A FLO MEANS.

What the hell is your problem?Let anyone decide on their own what is flop.What gives you right to say what flop is??

If someone thinks its flop,then its flop for him.Maybe it was bad after he tried it.Maybe it didin't sell 8m in 1 week like he thought.Maybe other versions beat it 100-0.

Flop is not a subjective term, you can't just up and decide what's a flop because you feel like trolling a little harder today.

If theres one thing this generation taught me, it's how to rape the English language.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Fracture.

I take that back, Haze because of hype.

Can someone link me an actual definition of the word? :P

Cuz I was always under the impression that to "flop" was to perform well under expections, or that it was just another word for failure...

I remember The Golden Compass being called a flop all over the place, but it actually grossed nearly twice it's budget.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Can someone link me an actual definition of the word? :P

Cuz I was always under the impression that to "flop" was to perform well under expections, or that it was just another word for failure...

I remember The Golden Compass being called a flop all over the place, but it actually grossed nearly twice it's budget.

From Wikipedia (which has links to source):

Overseas rights to the film were sold to fund the $180 million production budget for the film, so most of these profits did not go to New Line, though they gained considerably by selling the foreign rights, and 60% of the film's budget was already recouped by the film's release;[70][71]

So it had revenues, but the profit was lost.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Vampire Rain: Altered Species is a front runner IMO

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees