By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flop of 2008?Vote now!

yes because thats what were all going for here... plain sale numbers yeah right

Around the Network

Rock Revolution!

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

colonelstubbs said:
COD:WAW wii version for obvious reasons. I expect someone to quote me and say 'but i saw it sold out in 37 shops i visited this weekend, obviously the numbers iz wrong!'

No, I have no idea, although I think it will sell more as word gets out that it is a fine game but if sales are disappointing they do have to take a good bit of the blame for the unplayable POS they tried to dump on us the first time.

I love CoD, played every version on the PC hour after hour. I was furious when I got COD3 Wii and realized how pathetic an effort they had made. The controls were obviously stuck on at the last minute with bubble gum and were so twitchy and useless I just gave the game away in disgust.

So I was exactly standing in the rain waiting this time, but finally I had read enough reviews that I decided to plunk down my money one more time. I'm glad I did because it's great but if I didn't grab it right up the day it came out, it's because they had to prove they'd made a better effort.

I'm not sure what the PC sales are but with the PS3 and XBOX360 version selling like wildfire I believe that most people who want the game are buying it on another platform instead.

My guess is that there are relitively few Wii only owners (or multi-owners who want COD:WaW on Wii) who are going to buy it for full price.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

colonelstubbs said:
COD:WAW wii version for obvious reasons. I expect someone to quote me and say 'but i saw it sold out in 37 shops i visited this weekend, obviously the numbers iz wrong!'

actually it could have been sold out, since the shops only had 2-10 Wii copies to begin with versus 30+ for 360 and PS3.

Hence why low numbers yet still sold out.

Around the Network
11ht11 said:
what it did flop

yeah because we all now what a raging hit strategy rpgs are when it comes to sales.. especially when you cant get them anywhere but online because the few copies avaiable have sold out and they havent been advertised much im sure heads will roll because this gears of war /halo killer app flopped

Simulacrum said:
amp316 said:
How can Sonic Unleashed be considered a flop for the Wii? It's already sold over a half million. It will probably sell over 2 million lifetime. This is a flop?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

LOL but i don't think Sonic's finished yet, Sonic and the black knight for example.

OK - This was an interesting idea but I've gotten enough complaints about it now that I'm going to shut it down.

Sometimes a few boundaries in the OP can help prevent the usual suspects from ruining it for everyone. So I won't object to a new version but you really need to define what a flop is and structure it better in general so that it doesn't just turn into a bashing session.

To Each Man, Responsibility