By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flop of 2008?Vote now!

Supreme Commander is easily my 360 flop of the year. Just two weeks before it dropped to under 1k sales a week.

Golden Axe: Beastrider and Blacksite: Area 51 (tie) for the PS3.

Pimp My Ride for Wii wins too.

Around the Network

Too Human, Need for Speed, Mirror's Edge and Motorstorm 2.

Supreme Commander. Legendary I saw already got a price cut for most stores also.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Definitely Bioshock (PS3) for me. It shows that timed-exclusivity is almost as effective as exclusivity itself.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

i'll go with too human.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

Call of Duty 5 is a flop, but the best shooting game out there for the Wii (Behind MP3, of course)

flames_of said:
Skeeuk said:
a flop for gamers is actual game flop.....you cant honestly think a flop for gamers means sales lmao

the worst flop is vampire rain on ps3 and 360.....dunno what possesed them to make it

This, it's the gaming discussion we're in. We should judge by game quality, not sales.

FFS just say what you think is flop of year!

Take my love, take my land..

Flop is not about what you want it to mean. It means something that lost money. Even Okami was low budget enough that it made money.

That means half the items on that list are invalid. This is not up to debate.

The biggest flop is objectively Too Human.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Okami and No More Heroes really should be removed from your initial list. Both exceeded the developers expectations in terms of sales and were fairly well made. If you really want this to be a pure discussion of what is the worst flop of the year then I suggest removing all the games except what you think is the biggest flop.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Call of Duty made money on the Wii as well. The game used the same engine as the HD versions and the cost was shared. Plus considering Wii game costs, that means even by itself it would only have cost a few million, which those sales likely already made back.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs