By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fall 2007 Game Lineup - What will be hot?

There are a huge amount of games coming out this fall, and looking to get some insight on what you guys think will be hot, or at least what you plan on buying? (NOTE: I went up until October, then Holiday Peak Buying Season springs into effect!)

AAA Releases ( Guaranteed Million Sellers+)

Madden 2008

Halo 3

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

AA Releases

Bioshock

Project Gotham Racing 4

Half Life 2: The Orange Box

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Mass Effect

A Releases

Two Worlds

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 08

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Eternal Sonata

NBA Live 08'

Tony Hawks: Proving Ground

Sega Rally Revo

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

Need for Speed: Pro Street

Virtua Fighter 5

NCAA March Madness 08'

B Releases

Strangehold

Blue Dragon

Stuntman: Ignition

MotoGP 07'

NHL 08'

Skate

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition

NHL 2K8

Blazing Angels II: Secret Missions of WW II

America's Army: True Soldiers

NBA 2K8

Lost Odyssey

Fifa Soccer 08'

Beautiful Katamari

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Timeshift

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

C Releases (100+K)

Dynasty Warriors Gundam

Fatal Inertia

Warriors Orochi

Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal

Spiderman: Friend or Foe

Crash of the Titans

Flat Out: Ultimate Carnage

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom

Clive Barkers: Jericho

The Simpsons Game

Low End

Kengo: Legend of the 9

CSI: Hard Evidence

Age of Pirates: Captains Blood

Thrillville: Off the Rails

Man of my classifications are off, let me know if there are any glaring errors of games that should be moved up or down. Basically I tried to weight games based on 1/3 how well they should sell, 1/3 based on how "big budget" they are, and 1/3 based on quality.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Around the Network

I think these will be the top-selling games for the 3 systems in all territories during the holidays. I am not going to count multi-plats, since that is kind of a waste of time:

PS3 (in no particular order):

Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Singstar PS3
Ratchet and Clank
Unreal Tournament 3
Warhawk

360 (in no particular order):

Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Bioshock
PGR4

Wii (in no particular order):

Smash
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
(third party stuff is harder to predict, so I don't even know about Resident Evil)

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still on the fence about RE:UC, I have trouble seeing that one sell one million+.

I think Mass Effect and Bioshock will each sell over a million.

Where Metroid at!?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Metroid is hot stuff!!! (touches metroid prime 1 case and gets burnt)

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

Btw juiced wil sell half a million in all 3 territories...

PS3:

Sorry for only posting the 360 Games, it was a pain looking through Gamespot, thanks Akuma for filling in :) I agree for most part.

Although I think Bioshock is going to do so-so. I just can't imagine it selling a Million copies. Hopefully in the half million rnage, but I think overall its not going to be as successful as it should be.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Ishy said:
Btw juiced wil sell half a million in all 3 territories...

Not in Japan, it won't.

No doubt that Record of Agarest War will be the hottest game.