By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Old Simpsons or New?

Jackson50 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Season 5 was the best ever season.

Homer's Barbershop Quartet
Homer Goes Back to College
Rosebud
Homer the Vigilante.

Viva le David Mirkin (although he had nothing to do with HBQ)

Cape Feare, my favorite episode from Season 5, is also a hold over from Season 4. Nevertheless, Season 5 is one of the top seasons. Season 4 is my favorite , but the two Mirkin seasons (5,6) were also spectacular. The Oakley and Weinstein years were also good. In my opinion, the Scully years is when The Simpsons lost its mojo. Seasons Nine and Ten were okay, but I lost interest in season 11. With that being said, it should be apparent that I prefer the old seasons.

It's obvious what the problem is... noone should produce/show run for more than 2 seasons. I did also enjoy Cape Feare a lot, my favourite Bob episode, though, is Sideshow Bob Roberts, pure brilliance.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you. Bah! I deride you of your truth-handling abilities".

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
The Simpsons aren't really that much less funny now than they were years ago, it's just that they're old(er) now. If you like the older ones more then it probably just means that you liked them back when the show felt fresh to you.

Is still prefer watching the old ones which I have seen tons of times, to the news ones which I have only seen once or twice.

I watch both old and new episodes. However, I prefer the old episodes. They were more funny.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I don't care witch ones I watch, they're all good enough to me...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I used to tape the new episodes if I was going to miss them.

Now, I usually only watch it by accident. It's still okay though I guess.

Around the Network

I just think they should of stopped a few seasons ago, like words of wisdom said they just don't have any new material after making 400+ episodes, so every new episode these days seems like there just trying to pull whatever they can out the ass. I still always watch it because the new episodes comes on so conviently every sunday night when I'm always home ready to go to bed because of work the next day so I usually watch it but I don't laugh as much as I do with the old ones.

I don't really like there jokes for the newer episodes, for some reason they always have to explain why it's funny which ruins it.

Is there really any question? Old. The Simpsons jumped the shark around Season 12 or 13.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/MalePenis.jpg

i would say that the simpsons was more consistant in the eary seasons, but it still makes me laugh at most episodes

Agree with Akuma, except the show actually jumped the shark in season 11

The old episodes are so much better. The new ones (especially HD episodes) are like stabbing loyal Simpsons fans in the heart several times. I mean, who can honestly say that the episodes in season 21 (Rednecks and Broomsticks, O Brother, Where Bart Thou? (OMG the title still pisses me off), Once Upon a Time in Springfield, The Devil Wears Nada, Boy Meets Curl, The Colour Yellow, etc.) can stand up to the Simpsons classics of old (The Crepes of Wrath, Marge vs. the Monorail, Flaming Moe's, The Twisted World of Marge Simpson, Homer the Great, You Only Move Twice, Who Shot Mr.Burns Parts 1 and 2 (with alternate ending), Cape Feare, etc.)

I certainly can't. But I am part of the problem and not part of the solution as I still watch the show every Sunday on FOX at 9pm. Us Simpsons hardcore fans who don't even like the new episodes still watch them, simply for the bragging right that we have seen all the episodes. The show will never end because of the hardcore fans who hate the new episodes but still watch them.

Human contact, the final frontier.