By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wich Sony console will rule this holidays ?

I think this xmas will be huge for the PS3 and will far outsell the ps2 and psp. (Psp will be much closer though)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network
WiteoutKing said:

The PSP is up against the DS, and while the PSP is taking a strong second in its race, it won't outsell the DS. It has only outsold it twice (weekly sales) in its lifetime.

Second doesn't count for much when there are really only two people playing (yeah, there's the GBA but that's becoming obselete).

As for which Sony console will do the best, the PS2 will blow the PS3 out of the water.  As for which Sony product will do the best, it will be the PSP being that it's a handheld.

Handheld is a console : a handheld console :P Anyways I think you know what I meant twestern .

I would like the PSP to sell the most , mainly because if it doesnt sells well I dont think Sony will be able to generate enough buzz to convince many people next year to buy one . The PS3 still has many chances , especially with its killer 08 lineup :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

i think it'll be pretty even with psp slightly edging past ps3 and ps2.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I think it would be better for Sony if the PS3 didn't sell well this holiday, that way they wouldn't be losing so much money, after all they were happy when the latest NPD figures showed that they weren't selling because it cut their losses. THe upside of failure!!!

Around the Network

PS2 will outsell psp and ps3

I see the PSP first, probably second best selling console (behind the DS), possibly third (behind DS + Wii). The PS2 second, and PS3 a close third.

In Japan, I figure that the PSP will be the best selling Sony console, third behind Wii and DS. The PS2 and PS3 could be even at 4th/5th place.

In the US, I see the PSP being the second best selling console (DS first, Wii third) I see the PS2 selling less than the 360, but only by a few thousand and the PS3 being in last place (excluding GBA).

'Others' will be the only place where the PS3 outsells the PS2 by a vast margain. I could see the PS3 selling in similar numbers to the Wii through the christmas period - if it's lucky. DS first place, PSP second, Wii~=PS3 third, the PS2 will be a distant fourth from third but still quite away from the 360 at fifth.

All 3 will do well.

World wide, maybe 15 million in sales is possible.

The PSP will sell the most. The PS3 will do ok, but not great and I expect the decline on the PS2 to continue.

PS2 will lead unless Sony cuts the price of the PS3 to $399 which is highly unlikely unless the cost of production suddenly falls loads.IF the PS3 is $399 it will lead easily i think.The PSP will most likely be outsold by the PS2 because of price and by DS because of the games.

Leaders if everything stays simlilar in each market:
JPN:PS2 closely followed by PS3 due to the FamitsuMostWanted List which has 4 PS3 games in the top 5.
NA:PS2 Its cheap.
EU:PS2/3 Too close to call.
UK:PS3 The offers on it over here are ridiculous in some places the amount of free stuff is great.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)