By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wich Sony console will rule this holidays ?

If Sony made a smart move and reduced the price of the PS3 to 399 for the holiday season ,even if it was a temporary price cut ,then it would lead the christmas not only as long as Sony consoles go but everything included (excepting maybe the DS ) .If they dont I think the PSP could be the best sold Sony console in though competency with the PS3 .

Around the Network
libellule said:
UT3 ? biggest gun ?

critical period for the PS3 ?

dont think so...

1/ can u provide us a link about UT3 pushed back in 2008 ?
2/ UT3 is "nothing" in the console world
It still doesnt have a name like Halo3 has.
So it is not their biggest gun.
PS3 doesnt have "1" BIG GUN
but several exclusives games that will push the system lair/unchartred/HEANVENLYSWORD (the potential system seller for me)/ratchet/GT5 prologue

3/ this period IS NOT so critical for the PS3
it will be more critical in 2008 when price drop+games will show us if people WANT or NOT this consle.
Wii is selling well but the price diference is huge so the 2 consoles are not competiting for the same market
Xbox360 IS reaching threshold market price (300-350$)+ big line-up, THIS is the big critical moment for her to show, or not, if it can sell to others people than HardCore gamers.

UT doesnt have a big name like Halo? what planet are you from? UT is as big as CS when it comes to professional gaming. I can start up UT04 right now and over 300 servers maxed holding 28 - 60 players (yes BF2 wasn't the first to support 60 players online). Halo is nothing compared to the unreal franchise. The unreal franchise as a whole has sold well over the sales of the Halo franchise. UT3 will not be any different. UT3 on PS3 is easily a match for Halo 3 this holiday season. Of course UT3 PC will sell way more then either of these.

Yes UT3 is one of Sony's biggest guns this holiday but it is one of the biggest guns.

but for this holiday the PS2 will win again like last holiday season. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Diomedes1976 said:
If Sony made a smart move and reduced the price of the PS3 to 399 for the holiday season ,even if it was a temporary price cut ,then it would lead the christmas not only as long as Sony consoles go but everything included (excepting maybe the DS ) .If they dont I think the PSP could be the best sold Sony console in though competency with the PS3 .

Sony cutting the price to $399 would be my dream but that will never happen. Sony's credibility will take a hammering if they drop the price twice within 12mths and I think they are too prideish to make such a bold move. It is certainly what the console needs though and I think will set the PS3 in motion. They also need to reduce the EU price since it is ridicilously high. Reduced EU price + Holiday season = Very good holiday in Europe for Sony's PS3.

I think it'll go PSP, PS2, then PS3, but that there won't really be that big of a gap between the three. The PSP redesign won't make a big difference, but I whole expect the PSP to remain the third best selling system worldwide. PS2 is definetly slowing down with software, but we'll probably see games like Madden and Guitar Hero 3 do better on the PS2 than any other system, and many are buying it for it's enormout backlog.

UT has a name WHERE EVER it goes it will eventually establish a massive name for its self and sell really well.
Compared to UT, Halo is an ant.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

The sales for Sony this xmas will be like this: PS2>PSP>PS3

Darc Requiem said:
It will be the same as it is now. The PS2 will sell the most in the US for Sony and the PSP will sell the most in Japan for Sony. The PS3 will bring up the rear in both markets. The PS3 is out sold by the PSP and PS2 in both the US and Japan.

I agree but would say that it will be (1) PS2, (2) PSP, and (3) PS3 in the other markets aswell

mitsuhide said:
UT has a name WHERE EVER it goes it will eventually establish a massive name for its self and sell really well.

Unreal Tournament never sold a Million copies on the PS2, and Unreal Championship never sold a Million copies on the XBox ...

Unreal Tournament on the PC was huge because of the massive quantities of fan made content; Unreal Tournament 2003 was no where near as popular because fan content was less common and many gamers did not think the game was as good as the original. Unreal Tournament 3 may do well but I suspect the majority of fans will continue to play it on the PC.

hunter_alien said:
I didnt meant the entire console sales , just from the Sony consoles the most :)

Hey buddy, were did you get the idea UT3 will be pushed back to 08?

PSP will EASILY SELL MOST!

Why? New slimmer version with more colors, god of war, and more software available.

PS3 in between ps2 with very good sales.

mM
HappySqurriel said:
mitsuhide said:

Unreal Tournament never sold a Million copies on the PS2, and Unreal Championship never sold a Million copies on the XBox ...

Unreal Tournament on the PC was huge because of the massive quantities of fan made content; Unreal Tournament 2003 was no where near as popular because fan content was less common and many gamers did not think the game was as good as the original. Unreal Tournament 3 may do well but I suspect the majority of fans will continue to play it on the PC.

I dont expect it to outsell the PC version that would just be crazy talk.But i do expect it sell better than the last console UT because it will have a better name on consoles and its Christmas.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)