By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Metroid Prime 3 REALLY have that much worse graphics than HD games?

why does it matter if the graphics are bad/great or whatever. 20 years ago, both would be considered awesome

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
@thetonestarr

There is no reason to cherrypick, you can always try to find a better screenshot from MP3. I just picked couple of screens from ign, which were both outdoor screenshots.

and you managed to find a screen of metroid prime 3 that was primarily a shot of a door

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metroid Prime on the GC looked better than Metroid Prime 3. Not because of graphical horsepower but due to superior art direction and use of colours that aren't brown or grey.

I had far more fun playing Metroid Prime on my Gamecube than I did Halo 3 on my 360....that's all you need to know!

Some more MP3 screenshots:

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Hammertime said:

Well there is no doubt that MP3's graphics are inferior to nearly all 360 first person shooters...however, that does not mean that MP3 is an inferior game to nearly all 360 first person shooters....having followed the Metroid Prime series, I don't really care if the graphics are inferior to some boring generic 360 first person shooter, all I care about is getting a great Metroid Prime game.

I'm amazed by the amount of gamers obsessed with graphics??? All that counts is fun! I have both a 360 and a Wii and both have given me great games. Yes the 360 has better graphics, but it will never ever have a Metroid game which is why I must have a Wii.

Put it this way...the PS3 has far better graphics than the PS2, but I own a PS2 and right now if I didn't own a PS2 and someone offered me either a free PS2 or a free PS3 (and you are not allowed to sell them), I would take the PS2 as regardless of graphics, the PS2 has far far better games.

But I offered you the 80 gig backwards compatible PS3!!

Then obviously I would take that...but my point is that the PS2 right now is a better console than the PS3 regardless of the fact the PS3 is far more powerfull. In other words....it's fun games that count...not graphics!

"Metroid Prime on the GC looked better than Metroid Prime 3. Not because of graphical horsepower but due to superior art direction and use of colours that aren't brown or grey."

That is wrong. Not opinion wrong, but objectively wrong. All the MP games had a variety of palettes, especially in different areas. MP3 only had one or two brown areas, and that was because they were supposed to look like that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I have a Wii and PS3 and quit frankly, I think that Metroid Prime 3 looks pretty good. Does it look better than the Cube efforts?...Absolutley. Is it PS3 quality?....Of course not. But it does have some nice texture work and a decent level of polygons as well as nice bloom effects. There where many scenes in Prime 3 that made me go.."oooooo...."

I'll think of something to put here

PSN ID: dolfan1678

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Metroid Prime on the GC looked better than Metroid Prime 3. Not because of graphical horsepower but due to superior art direction and use of colours that aren't brown or grey."

That is wrong. Not opinion wrong, but objectively wrong. All the MP games had a variety of palettes, especially in different areas. MP3 only had one or two brown areas, and that was because they were supposed to look like that.

I agree with you.

On topic: Metroid Prime 3 graphics are good, not like SMG, but they're good.

Formação do indíviduo, transformação da sociedade.