By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Metroid Prime 3 REALLY have that much worse graphics than HD games?

well i got shut of metroid it was a bit boring but many ppl like the game.

the grafix were very fuzzy but most of all they was solid and smooth, overall technically metroid looks very good. great use of art in this case makes up for low end grafix.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Composite cables on 50'' HDTV = epic fail!

I have a 32'' TV and the difference is huge when using the proper cables with the Wii... Now imagine a 50'' TV.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Skeeuk said:

the grafix were very fuzzy but most of all they was solid and smooth,

Say what?

Esa-Petteri said:

@thetonestarr

No matter how you connect your wii to your tv, it just can't compare.

It helps when you take two images that can compare. Try not purposefully cherrypicking your photos.

That photo of Metroid is a lower-res upscaled to a still low-res. That image from GeoW2 isn't even in-game.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Honestly, yes. On high quality plasmas stuff like Uncharted looks unreal.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Skeeuk said:

the grafix were very fuzzy but most of all they was solid and smooth,

Say what?

You know....  fuzzy smooth...   ;)

jlauro said:
blackbird3216 said:

Needless to say, he was using composite cables connected to a 50" 720p HDTV. The 360 was connected over HDMI.

Does Metroid Prime 3 REALLY look that bad compared to 360 games?

Assuming an LCD, it's probably the upscaler is his TV is poor and he is getting terrible jaggies.  That is a terrible missmatch in resolution.  Not all upscallers in HD TVs are created equal, and that will make more of a difference then the type of cables you connected with...

Have him try it on a tube or plasma TV if he can, or something that can support 480P natively.

No, actually its a Rear Projection, if that helps anything/ Im thinking about just buying the component cables for him off monoprice, since their only $6. Do LCDs generally have bad scalers or something? I play my wii on a 22" 720p set in my bedroom over component, and the wii looks pretty nice(minus the jaggies).

blackbird3216 said:
jlauro said:
blackbird3216 said:

Needless to say, he was using composite cables connected to a 50" 720p HDTV. The 360 was connected over HDMI.

Does Metroid Prime 3 REALLY look that bad compared to 360 games?

Assuming an LCD, it's probably the upscaler is his TV is poor and he is getting terrible jaggies.  That is a terrible missmatch in resolution.  Not all upscallers in HD TVs are created equal, and that will make more of a difference then the type of cables you connected with...

Have him try it on a tube or plasma TV if he can, or something that can support 480P natively.

No, actually its a Rear Projection, if that helps anything/ Im thinking about just buying the component cables for him off monoprice, since their only $6. Do LCDs generally have bad scalers or something? I play my wii on a 22" 720p set in my bedroom over component, and the wii looks pretty nice(minus the jaggies).

I have tried the Wii on two different TVs - a 32'' 480p CRT, and a 32'' 720p LCD. The image doesn't look worse to me on the LCD. Using component cables of course.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@thetonestarr

There is no reason to cherrypick, you can always try to find a better screenshot from MP3. I just picked couple of screens from ign, which were both outdoor screenshots.

NJ5 said:
blackbird3216 said:

I have tried the Wii on two different TVs - a 32'' 480p CRT, and a 32'' 720p LCD. The image doesn't look worse to me on the LCD. Using component cables of course.

I have tried the Wii on two different TVs - a 32" 720p LCD, and a 54" 1080p LCD. The image looked significantly better on the 54" with component cables. If I use component cables on my 32" tv, it looks like crap, so I left the cables over my parents with the 54" TV.

anyways, not all LCD tv's are created equal. Some may show just as good as a CRT, while some may have way worse performance (like mine). However, my TV looks perfectly fine with DVD through component, so I really don't know why the Wii looks like crap through component, but not when using composite.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)