By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Weekly sales (WKC First week & others)

good for WKC !

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue still keeping up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue best game out there right now until GRAN TURISMO 5 !!

Around the Network

WKC did great better than expected i guess.

daactualfact said:
Damn at Wii. Still going hard with great game sales! WKC did good. Ps3 hardware is just terrible. I hoped the Ps3 could've at least broke 70k. But, at least it sold something compared to the 360.

Wii hardware is fucking great. But, compared to last year, which makes it look fucking sorry, it's not as great. DS is selling huge! Psp great. Though I never expected the Wii to beat this holiday season, it did however. Ps2 still livin life till the doggone end! The true klng..Ps2.

Wii hardware

Week ending Dec 29- 2007   - -    158k

Week ending Dec 27 2008 - - -- -- 162k

actually the Wii increased YoY, maybe this is the sign that things are turning around. Last year the week ended 2 days later also, which means closer to their big holiday, New years.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

maybe the DQX announcement has something to do with it.

wwmli said:
Couldn't really believe/guess what Others Peoples doing with their PSP?

I mean attach ratios of ~1? That's really damn low although ISO's do really hurt the sales afterall...

Lots of sales aren't tracked, and when sales are added, they are usually just given a raw total number, not week 1 - week 100, which means they are not counted in the weekly software numbers, therefore, are not added to attach ratio.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
daactualfact said:
Damn at Wii. Still going hard with great game sales! WKC did good. Ps3 hardware is just terrible. I hoped the Ps3 could've at least broke 70k. But, at least it sold something compared to the 360.

Wii hardware is fucking great. But, compared to last year, which makes it look fucking sorry, it's not as great. DS is selling huge! Psp great. Though I never expected the Wii to beat this holiday season, it did however. Ps2 still livin life till the doggone end! The true klng..Ps2.

Wii hardware

Week ending Dec 29- 2007   - -    158k

actually the Wii increased YoY, maybe this is the sign that things are turning around. Last year the week ended 2 days later also, which means closer to their big holiday, New years.

The discrepancy has a much easier answer - Sales drop off immediately after Christmas day. Since there were more pre-Christmas days this week in 2008, sales should have been higher. After all, the Wii was down 100,000 units last week vs. the comparible week from last year. (250k to 150k).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Good week for WKC, but I wish the hardware was higher.

Monster Hunter is looking to reach 3 million in Japan alone!

mrstickball said:
bigjon said:
daactualfact said:

Wii hardware

Week ending Dec 29- 2007 - - 158k

The discrepancy has a much easier answer - Sales drop off immediately after Christmas day. Since there were more pre-Christmas days this week in 2008, sales should have been higher. After all, the Wii was down 100,000 units last week vs. the comparible week from last year. (250k to 150k).

Christmas is not really celebrated in Japan. Something else is causing it.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
mrstickball said:
bigjon said:
daactualfact said:

Wii hardware

Week ending Dec 29- 2007 - - 158k

Christmas is not really celebrated in Japan. Something else is causing it.

well, we shall see. Last year the Wii was well over 200k for the week of the new years. If it can match it, maybe we cant start to hope.

Cmas holiday in Japan is different. It seems Nintendo products recieve a bigger boost on New years over there (% wise) and core gaming stuff, get a a bigger boost on Cmas (look at the games that got boost last year, and you will see what I mean)

Lets put another slant on the software figures:

- in its 5th (?) Xmas, the PSP has 2 titles in the top#30 at Xmas
- in its 3rd Xmas, the PS3 has 3 titles in the top#30 at Xmas
- in its 3rd Xmas, the 360 has zero titles ("")
- in its 5th Xmas, the DS has 14 titles in the top#30 at Xmas
- in its 3rd Xmas, the Wii has 9 titles in the top#30 at Xmas

(in its 'n'th Xmas, the PS2 has 1 title in the top#30..)

7 of the 9 Wii titles are from Ninty. 5 of the 14 DS titles are from Ninty.

Next week will be interesting, with post-Xmas sales drop. Lets see what continues to sell after the holidays.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099