By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Weekly sales (WKC First week & others)

zeross said:

great for dissidia and wkc

bomba for ps0 . monster hunter fan are on psp...

Yeah, it appears that way, which is a shame because from what I've read, it's a very good game, and unlike Phantasy Star Portable, it even features Online Infrastructure. Poor SEGA, I bet Phantasy Star Portable 2 is on its way now. Or not, considering Alpha System are currently working on Tales of the World 2...

One thing is for sure though, I wouldn't bet on Phantasy Star Zero sequel anytime soon. :(

Around the Network
Star Scream said:

Just checked the figures, and not only is Dissidia trending better than Crisis Core, it's trending better than FFIII DS as well. What's more amazing is that it only took two weeks for it to reach FFIV DS LTD - remarkable, especially for a fighter.

Anyway, read Sinobi's blog, and he's shocked by Phantasy Star Zero figures as well, especially in comparison with Phantasy Star Portable.

Funny how today there's no new issue of Famitsu, but the numbers leaked a couple of hours earlier than usual.

Comparing Dissidia with FF3/4 DS is rather... unusual.

Galaki said:
Star Scream said:

Just checked the figures, and not only is Dissidia trending better than Crisis Core, it's trending better than FFIII DS as well. What's more amazing is that it only took two weeks for it to reach FFIV DS LTD - remarkable, especially for a fighter.

Anyway, read Sinobi's blog, and he's shocked by Phantasy Star Zero figures as well, especially in comparison with Phantasy Star Portable.

Funny how today there's no new issue of Famitsu, but the numbers leaked a couple of hours earlier than usual.

Comparing Dissidia with FF3/4 DS is rather... unusual.

Not at all, a few people already compared those games in the 'FFVI FOR DS' thread (saying Dissidia was not as big as a project as remakes), I'm just following the trend. ;)

Check this out -  MHP2G 54000

That's incredible, 2G alone will come close to 3 million, 2 & 2G to 5 million - and they are basically the same game. Capcom are really making the killing with this one on PSP. Will be interesting to see whether Monster Hunter 3 will come close, or even exceed these figures...

Very good software numbers but meh hardware numbers. PS3 couldn't even cross the 50k mark with the third biggest opener and the biggest holiday week.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Second week numbers for TOH and Suikoden Tierkreis:

Suikoden Tierkreis - 27000 90000

Tales of Hearts - 35000 177000

Want me to add those numbers to the list as well, Star Scream?

wwmli said:
Want me to add those numbers to the list as well, Star Scream?

Fo sho. Want some other numbers as well?

More numbers:

Taiko Wii - 51000 251000

Gundam Musou 2 PS3 - 45000 206000

Gundam Musou 2 PS2 - 41000 132000

OH snap, just read SEGA shipped 200,000 copies of Phantasy Star Zero. I predict a price drop...and soon.