By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who do you think are the best Sony developers?

insomniac, R1,R2, Ratchet, all top quality games

Around the Network

Polyphony Digital

Naughty Dog is #1

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Team ICO.

1. Team ICO
2. Naughty Dog
3. Sony Santa Monica
4. Insomniac (Ratchet is awesome, but Resistance not so much)

Media Molecule could replace Team ICO as my #1, but it really depends on if every game they make ends up as awesome as LBP.

Guerrilla Games could edge out Sony Santa Monica for 3rd, if Killzone 2 ends up being as awesome as I think it will be. The beta was an absolute blast.

Around the Network

Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. Both are.. number one !

Seriously though. Sony has a lot of great studioes so for me it's really hard to say that this studio is better than this because most of them make really great games, it's just in different genres, some which appeal more to me but that doesn't mean i can't see the quality of the games that doesn't.

Check out my game about moles ^

True red, you can't forget Polyphony Digital. I'd go:

Insomniac
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica
Polyphony Digital (I love GT, in all flavours).

Insomniac gets the lead on naughty dog solely for the effort they've put into the PS3 thus far. Uncharted 2 will level the two in my books.

Naughty Dog.

Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog is far away in the lead, guess everybody loved Uncharted, huh? I'm tempted to put them above Insomniac in my list...

Very little God of War love on VGC. That makes me sad

Will that change with God of War III? Maybe you're just annoyed at Santa Monica for taking too long to make God of War III. They co-developed Warhawk, by the way, but Incognito probably did most of the work.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective