By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - finally got resistance 2 and gears 2

SHMUPGurus said:

^ Well, I guess it's adressed to both the OP and you! xD

The only problem about Resistance 2 is the balance. I played the game in Normal the first time, and it's so frustrating to die from so many cheap deaths in this game! You have enemies that need to shot you around 5 times before you die, then you have some other ones that shot you two times and you die, then the chameleons...

Oh well, I guess it's what we call a real video game! Maybe I'm not used to being punished for no reason anymore! ^^

You're kidding me right SHMUP? I watched your videos of Gradius, Contra, and I know you have the new Bionic Commando! You're the last person I'd expect to hear that quote =P.

As for the OP I'm confused...How far did he get through the first Gears? To me it doesn't seem like he even played the first Gears or only took Gears 2 for a 5 minute ride. Gears 2 textures looks MASSIVELY better to me, the game is plenty more solid than 1 , pop in is a lot less. Details have been upped in everything and the scale of the levels are massively larger. Also a lot more weapons, I at first didn't like the hammerburst but after a couple levels in single player I was loving that gun. Screw the Lancer!

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

I heard that gears doesnt look too good in SD, he might have an SD tv.

mM

Sounds like you just played the first level and maybe multi a couple times (if ever). If you already decided to hate it, then you won't like the rest of it. (Talking about Gears2)

I thought Gears2 deviated from the core gameplay too much with their borderline quick-time events and boss battles, but that's just me.

Grahamhsu said:
SHMUPGurus said:

^ Well, I guess it's adressed to both the OP and you! xD

The only problem about Resistance 2 is the balance. I played the game in Normal the first time, and it's so frustrating to die from so many cheap deaths in this game! You have enemies that need to shot you around 5 times before you die, then you have some other ones that shot you two times and you die, then the chameleons...

Oh well, I guess it's what we call a real video game! Maybe I'm not used to being punished for no reason anymore! ^^

You're kidding me right SHMUP? I watched your videos of Gradius, Contra, and I know you have the new Bionic Commando! You're the last person I'd expect to hear that quote =P.

[...]

It's different though. I've played these games over and over again when I was a kid, I remember almost every single spot the enemies are going to spawn and such. I'm used to the games.

Now, when a "hard" game comes around, I need to get used to it all over again! Resistance 2 was exactly that. My second playthrough, I did die a lot less because I was expecting the cheap ass enemies.

Let's just put it that way: my heart is getting too weak for this stuff! :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

leo-j said:
I heard that gears doesnt look too good in SD, he might have an SD tv.

You're right leo-j, in an SD tv it doesn't look so good. That's why TC, if he in fact played gears2 in a SDTV, should do a more honest comparison with games in HDTV. Heck even MGS4 wasn't that good on SD (I tried it out on a friends house with my ps3 and got blown away with the major difference between HD and SD)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Yea because gears 2 certainly looks better than resistance 2(and gta iv by miles)

mM

resistance 2 is just amazing and i was never a fan of the 1st game

I think you should take a second look at Gears 2, because it definitely gets better as you go through it. And the textures are way better than R2.

interesting. good thread.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I prefer Gears of war 2 as 9.5 game,resistance 2 as 7.0 game.
And heck I have played Gears 1 on Pc and I don't even have Xbox 360.

Take my love, take my land..