By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - finally got resistance 2 and gears 2

Gears of War 2 is a much better game than Resistance 2. Say hello to Gamerankings and Metacritic which both have Gears of War 2 in front of Resistance 2 by 5 points. Gears of War 2 = 93% Versus Resistance 2 = 88%
Guess what Gears of War 2 has sold 3 or 4 times more than Resistance 2. Gears of War 2 is a console seller, Resistance 2 sales have been very low and is not a PS3 console seller. The campaign and story in Gears of War 2 was very good and an improvement upon Gears of War in regards to campaign mode. The Horde mode is an excellent addition to Gears of War 2. Gears of War 2 online is as good as Gears of War.

Gears of War 2 FTW.

Around the Network

Both games are not "all that" considering they are both hailed as the second coming of jesus.

I beat Gears 2 and played lots of MP and horde matches...while I only played R2 for about 3 hours (all MP)...and I think both are overrated.

However one must be blind to think R2 looks better than Gears 2. Not even close actually.

Also, anyone that is worried about buying gears2 or R2 instead of...i don't know...call of duty: rehash of war (colonelstubbs)...both games are in the upper echelon of gaming...with Gears 2 being considered the better title by most reviewers

Both Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2 are much better in comparison to Call of Duty: World at War. It is very sad Call of Duty: World at War has outsold Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2 on their respective platforms.

If you own XBox 360 and/or PS3 buy Gears of War 2 and/or Resistance 2 instead of the WW2 clone that is Call of Duty: World of War.

They are both great games. Gears 2 has better graphics, R2 has better online.