By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - finally got resistance 2 and gears 2

well i finally picked up both of these games i have to admit i was more excited about getting gears 2, but i had to wait on getting my new xbox for xmas since my old died of rrod lol anyway went to the sales picked up both gears 2 and reistance 2, started playing through them both and well gears 2 is really disapointing its just a minor upgrade from the first game the graphics are quite dull and grey, although the new melee kills are cool the game feels very linear lol and the story well there isnt much really other than kill all locusts, and somehow they survived after the first game. this series is the next halo first game great story next went competely down the pan in the single player campaign. 

played reistance 2 it seems to have a much better story which has some real depth and interest 2 it esepecially how it nicely unrevels the whole story. also the gameplay is much more intense than the first perhaps thats because of more chimera being able to appear and the killer boss battles are awesome. 

although there are some issues on graphics in the game for one they arent anywhere as pretty as gta 4 or mgs4 or even little big planets althouhg better than gears 2. the second is sometimes u get depixlation on the chimeras atacks from long range

however overall reistance 2 is an amazing game very action packed campaign with a great story, although parrelles can be taken from the ailen films lol and its co-op play and online is very good every bit as par as halo 3 and gears is. as for gears 2 the multiplayer is just the same despite hoarde mode and the singler player campaign is a little bit dull and tame especially compared to action seen in resitance 2 and other big action titles this year like gta 4 and metal gear solid 4 

Around the Network

res 2 is definitely a fun game

exactly i think more people should go out and buy it lol

First of all, congratulations on your purchase. I have both of them too, but have just finished R2 (Got my x360 with gears 2 three days ago). I loved Resistance 2, it was everything the first game was, plus more, way more. The scale of the battles was epic, the bosses were awesome, and it had superb graphics (although it kinda lacked on textures, the effects were magnificent).

Gears 2 i really can't say, because i haven't tried it out on my HDTV, but after playing through Gears 1 on my pc, i've got to say that it's a hell of graphics powerhouse, so if they have enhanced it for the 2 iteration, then by all means, gears 2 has better graphics than R2.

But it's not about graphics, it's about gameplay. I loved the FPS gameplay of Resistance. It's more tactical, more thoughtful, makes you go slower and more careful around the maps, planning out your next moves more carefully. Gears 1 had an captivating mechanic too, i loved the cover system and the melee kills. Plus the online was simply great.

So, while i still have to try gear2 to it's full extent, i believe both games are on par with each other, so that's a plus to us gamers :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

from the way you described gears it sounds like you didn't even finish the first level

and where's your proof? like actual examples form the gameplay? I'm not hateing i think R2 is awesome too but you litteraly make no claims to back up your point

Around the Network
mr_gappy said:

although there are some issues on graphics in the game for one they arent anywhere as pretty as gta 4 or mgs4 or even little big planets althouhg better than gears 2.

The doctor called, your eye appointment is coming up.

OT: I was a little disappointed that you can't do co-op campaign in R2. The co-op is a completely different game altogether.

I just got Gears 2 for Christmas, so no opinions on it yet, although graphically from what I've seen, it beats R2.

I disagree with your final sentence, but yeah, Resistance 2 is still an awesome game (the last few levels, especially Chicago, are pure awesomeness). Having finished Resistance 2 two times already in one sitting each, there seems to be something that keeps you hooked to it for some reason!

Oh yeah, try Motion Blur at Medium and Depth of Field at Low next time you play. It's amazing how it changes the graphics in the game. I wonder why they didn't ship the game that way! o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
I disagree with your final sentence, but yeah, Resistance 2 is still an awesome game (the last few levels, especially Chicago, are pure awesomeness). Having finished Resistance 2 two times already in one sitting each, there seems to be something that keeps you hooked to it for some reason!

Oh yeah, try Motion Blur at Medium and Depth of Field at Low next time you play. It's amazing how it changes the graphics in the game. I wonder why they didn't ship the game that way! o_O

I believe you were adressing me, correct? ;)

I have to try that when my laptop comes from repairs, usually i go all high 1080p, never quite experienced with other modes (except in crysis, that game is a pain in the ass trying to get the right configuration for it)

I also loved the last levels of resistance 2, except the swamp part with the chameleons, that was one of the cheapest parts i've ever played in a video game. I mean, even Super Ghouls and Goblins wasn't as cheap as that part!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^ Well, I guess it's adressed to both the OP and you! xD

The only problem about Resistance 2 is the balance. I played the game in Normal the first time, and it's so frustrating to die from so many cheap deaths in this game! You have enemies that need to shot you around 5 times before you die, then you have some other ones that shot you two times and you die, then the chameleons...

Oh well, I guess it's what we call a real video game! Maybe I'm not used to being punished for no reason anymore! ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

you're right, video games of old used to have the cheapest ways of killing you. I remember how desperate i would get after one hour of dying in the same level of ninja gaiden 1 for the NES or even trying to jump from one platform to the other in megaman 2. I guess the chameleons were a nice reminder of those days. But still, they were cheap as hell xD

Current PC Build