By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame IV, Monster Hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X: What's next?

DavidValbu said:
The new Suikoden title was announced for the NDS. I still hope Konami open his eyes and see the install base of the Wii in Japan just like SquareEnix did. Konami still hasn't done/anounced any BIG game for the Wii, what are they waiting for?

Seriously I could be wrong here but to me it feels like Konami has an "issue" with Nintendo. They haven´t really supported them since SNES and despite the succes with Wii they look unintrested to do so. S-E, Capcom, Namco-Bandai all of them have released or annonced major games in major series for Wii but not Konami. Sure they´ve stated that they have some big hitters on the way but I´ll believe it when I see it.

On the other hand I believe that if Konami keep this "ignoring" mode up it will be at their own loss I say. Personally I don´t care too much since I´ve never been a big fan of Konami, what I would like to get on Wii is a new Silent Hill and a Castlevania in 2d metroidstyle (would love that!). I´ve never played Suikoden games though, is it a great series? 

Around the Network

The same than me, I've never played Suikoden, but I loved the first Silent Hill. And, of course, the first Metal Gear was amazing. Why not Metal Gear 5 on Wii ( I know, that is not happening) ?

mai said:

Yasumi Matsuno and Hitoshi Sakimoto are working on unannounced Wii game. Ogre Battle Wii?

Personally, looking forward to Skies of Arcadia 2.

Do not say such things! You make my heart sing, and it will only end in bitter tears.

A flag ship game I do see hitting the Wii is KH3, just makes so much sense. However I think Nomura will want to test the waters first with the Wii and there is nothing better then a good ol' KH spin off.

KH3 is a very long ways away if the KH team is indeed going to make it, just look at Versus which is still years away so no way will we see KH3 before 2012. :(

i can see KH3 going to the wii

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

For Konami's surprise game next year... a 2D castlevania would be awesome. A proper sequel to SOTN...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
For Konami's surprise game next year... a 2D castlevania would be awesome. A proper sequel to SOTN...

Look they've been giving us Metroidvanias on the DS and GBA for years. I'd sooner they either return to a more classic, linear formula or (God help us) try and actually get the series down properly in 3-D.

So.. thanx to good sales, Wii(apart from GC) got:

Fatal Frame 4
Tenchu 4
Dragon Quest X
Monster Hunter 3
Mad world(though PS360 got Bayonetta)
Disaster: Day of Crisis

What else?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Khuutra said:
shams said:

Look they've been giving us Metroidvanias on the DS and GBA for years. I'd sooner they either return to a more classic, linear formula or (God help us) try and actually get the series down properly in 3-D.

Or a Metroid/Castlevania crossover!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:
shams said:

Or a Metroid/Castlevania crossover!

First-Person Adventure wherein you SHOOT Dracula in the FACE

3 million seller LTD by June 2010